“Perfect overnight stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Dundee
“Perfect overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Travelling South this was ideal location 4 hours into a Friday night journey. Just off the M6. Lovely welcome and nice staff. Rooms ideal and very good value. Clean accessible and very reasonably priced. Comfy beds big bar area with PGA golf on. Perfect stop over

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
HIPreston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you very much for your 4 star review

I am very pleased that you found the hotel and rooms to be good value

I will ensure that your lovely comments about the team are passed on as well

We hope to see you again soon
Michelle Lonsdale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight, the room was clean and serviceable - although was a twin when I'd booked a double. Food was good although a number of the menu items were unavailable. Service was good and staff were friendly.

Hotel has no ambience and the internet connectivity was problematic.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
michelle_lonsdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you found the majority of your experiences here were positive ones especially the room cleanliness and friendly team. I apologise you didn't receive the room type you requested; we do tend to find a lot of the 3rd party bookings are reserved as a standard room type that is allocated on arrival and dependent on availability is not guaranteed. I will pass your feedback on the teams and hope to welcome you back again in the future
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was in the hotel with my family for a night everything was great apart from breakfast , the staff have decided NOT to smile at all we felt like they are doing a favour on us by providing food and service, I will give you few examples .

I asked for couple of omelettes , server was shocked I thought I did a mistake!!
My father has taken a fruit plate from the buffet since only few pieces left on that , I decided to take that back to buffet(untouched), staff said take it back other wise it's going in the bin, I was surprised with the rude behaviour , oh there was manger was on duty who was constantly on his phone at cash counter trying to hide though . During whole period no one asked how was breakfast ,no refill of tea not even bother to look at you.
I do not work in costumer service but I do have sense how the costumers should be treated in hospitality.

Room Tip: Stay away from there.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I was disappointed to read about the poor service standard provided to you at the hotel. Our breakfast team usually receive excellent feedback so I am concerned that this was not the case during your stay.

It is not an acceptable standard for our hotel and I sincerely apologise on behalf of myself and the team here. I can assure you that I will be looking into the issues raised.

Please can I ask that you email me directly so I can confirm some more detail and offer a personal apology?

My email is michelle.lonsdale@hipreston.com

In the meantime thank you for taking the time to feedback on your stay and giving us an opportunity to rectify these issues for future guests.

Travellers are raving about these Preston hotels

Isle of Man
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Bit of a mixed bag of a hotel - I have stayed here in a number of guises, from Crest Hotel in 80s to the holiday inn it is now.

Now it's furnished well, rooms are not huge but fairly well designed, and comfortable, air con now installed (albeit with a odd habit of turning itself off during stay), great housekeeping - v clean, and delivered extra towels, iron etc in minutes.

Check in took a while, queue, but receptionist apologised, but mix up with booking - had booked double for 2 with breakfast, hotel insisted this was double for 1 without breakfast, they tried to increase cost to £75 to meet what we had booked - fortunately I had the printed confirmation from their website so they honoured. There are good deals here - through their site £44 b&b. Pricing seems an issue here - I overheard a couple being charged £25 for breakfast for 2 - they were muttering later when they saw advert in lift for breakfast for £10 per room - they were well fleeced....

Breakfast I experienced was initially poor but improved after a while - a room full of bus trip guests had cleared the room out - no bread, butter, very limited hot food - but within 30 mins restocked and fine. The Philippino (?) lady at breakfast worked like a Trojan, serving, stocking and being spot on with customers, the other 3 staff did less between them than her alone - hence service hit and miss.

In summary - hotel is dated from outside, rooms fine though and for the right price a decent option for preston. I have been staying so the premier inn for the last year - the £25/£29 deals too good to miss, but for £15 more worth staying in the Holiday Inn.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased that you continue to think of us when you visit Preston and I agree that there have been lots of changes since the Crest days

I was pleased to hear that the rooms where very clean and the housekeeping team provided a good service. I will pass this onto Marie and her team.

I am unsure what happened with your booking on check in but can confirm that the best rates are guaranteed through our own site and you can choose from bed and breakfast or room only. We do have an offer for upgrading to the breakfast package on arrival as advertised in the lifts, this is to encourage guests to book and add it to their package the night before rather than coming down in the morning hence the confusion on pricing. I have taken on board the feedback though and maybe this should be clearer so all guests can take advantage of this fantastic offer.

I know we do struggle sometimes when we have large groups in but we are working to rectify staffing levels and training to ensure all the team pull together at peak times

I hope the concerns you raised will not stop you staying with us in the future
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and myself stayed here on Friday night the 25th July 2014 as part of a Shearings Coach Holiday on our return from Scotland, and found it to be a very nice good quality Hotel. Our room was comfortable and clean, and we had a meal in the Restaurant in the evening and also breakfast which was a Buffet style meal. The food was good and found it to be very tasty and nutritious.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was our first stop on the holiday at the Holiday Inn Preston, it was nice inside and the staff were friendly, The a la carte menu did look very nice and the rooms were very nice too. The hotel was nice inside and the rooms were clean and well presented. The bar and restaurant seemed to be classy and updated.

Room Tip: A nice hotel, quite classy inside.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Joanne094,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and appreciate your compliments regarding our friendly staff, nice and clean rooms. and our bar and restaurant classy. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Colne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here before always find staff very friendly,rooms very clean. It as been quiet both time we have stayed.Never tried bar or restaurant have walked in to Preston town centre only a short walk away with plenty of pubs and eating places.

Room Tip: I ask for a high floor we have been on front of hotel but you can hear police/ambulance sirens with...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple