“Excellent value in Preston”

and 1 more site!
The Claremont Hotel
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Needed a hotel for an overnight stay in Preston. Found the Claremont seemed excellent value and a free onsite car park. Though not right in the centre of Preston it is close to all the amenities, so decided to book it. The welcome on arrival was very friendly. The en suite room was spotlessly clean. Plenty tea, coffee and milk for 2 and some good quality biscuits. The bed was comfortable. Blackpool Road is a busy road and there was some traffic noise but it did not keep us awake. We had an excellent night's sleep. The full English breakfast was great and service in the breakfast room friendly and helpful. Would definitely chose to stay again if visiting Preston.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Got there and our twin room wasn't available. Full of apologies, and didn't have another twin room available, gave us a double room instead. Helped with our suitcases. Room was a nice size, and bed was big enough for two. Not much pressure in the shower. Room 2 faces street, so quite noisy, curtains way to light so street lighting very bright. When I mentioned this the next morning, was told they will take note of this for the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was looking for a place to stay last Friday and after reading a few of the reviews on here, I was a little unsure what to expect. We were arriving late which wasn't ideal, but the owner was more than happy to accomodate our 10.45 arrival time (it did state on the boking email that we needed to be there before 10, but I hadn't seen it - my bad!)

Need not have worried, as my fiancee, mother in law and I were bumped up to the family room without even asking (my mother in law has mobility issues so the walk up the stairs would not have been good for her). Very spacious, comfortable beds, and a garden outside for a quick post-drive beer. Lovely cooked breakfast and a very friendly experience all round from the owners. Would certainly stay again!

Only slight negative were the showers - it was very difficult to get the balance right, as it was either freezing cold or too hot!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed the night before our daughters Graduation ,we had room 4 and 10 ,rooms lovely and clean n nicely decorated ,teas biscuits etc and kettle ,we were all flat out on tea as we had an EARLY start .Dawn was very friendly and helpful ,we checked in quite late after a long road trip ,i have food allergies so didnt have the full breakfast ,had delicious scrambled eggs and my own soda bread which they toasted to perfection ,lovely girl served us our breakfast my daughters and husband said it was EXCELLENT .We even had help with tecky issues as my daughter needed a printout for her gown ,it didnt feel like a budget hotel at all and we would love to stay there again,and enjoy this wonderful hotel ,thanks so much ,oh and free parking !! i have already recommended this hotel several times ,book and enjoy !! noisy in room 5 ,but hey !! bed very comfortable .

Room Tip: room 4 was decorated beautifully ,we would select that room again
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank carmenjones65
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review while waiting for my taxi to the station. The other reviews seem to be out of date !
My stay in a very comfortable clean and well presented room was very peaceful.
Breakfast was excellent and served in a lovely dining room by a delightful young lady who could not have done more to help !
Very good value for money and I would not hesitate to book again.
Well done The Claremont Hotel

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 April 2014

stayed here recently and found the place to be in need of an internal face lift. It states complimentary toiletries but all we had was a satchet of shampoo. also no haidryer. Breakfast was very good though. Bar not open.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Party orgaizer was never available bar was badly stocked no bitter larger ran out not enough hotpot &curry was tasteless the function room was under decorated no banners or birthday balloons was very expensive for what we got

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family