“beautiful setting, but animals could have better care”

Bowland Wild Boar Park
Ranked #5 of 67 things to do in Preston
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a lovely setting, with peaceful walks & good play areas for the children. I think the owners should think about investing some money back into the care of the animals and the animals facilities, as the enclosures for some are very small, depressing and dirty. I would like to take my family to the setting again as my children enjoyed it and it's such a lovely spot, but I don't think I will be going back unless they make more effort with animal welfare. The animals provide the staff with an income after all & deserve the best care.

1  Thank Anna B

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Bowland Wild Boar park is a very good place to bring your family and friends, when I went with my family a few months back, it was a great experience as there were lots of things to do such as: Animals to feed like llamas, deer, goats and lambs they also have a play area for young ones and some older ones, lots of walks to go on, a barrel ride, a tractor ride and best of all ICE CREAM!!

They do also have chick holding and hay bales to play on. Everything is clean and safe.
Great price and can't wait to go again

1  Thank Class F
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We arrived on a beautiful sunny day, decided to have something to eat first that was great. Went around the larger animals first, well looked after.
But so upset and disappointed with the smaller animals. Mother rabbit and babies in a hutch had empty water bottle. Rabbits in small shed, no clean water. 1 rabbits had something hanging from its bottom. Guinepigs food was rotten and old. The raccoons enclosure stunk, when was the last time it was cleaned out?
I went to the office and spoke to a young woman (after filling the mother rabbits water bottle) . She said that the animals had been fed and watered in the morning and they didnt have time to go around again. The rabbit was very hard to handle. I asked if they had a visiting vet as the rabbit could get infected by flies.

By this time we were getting quite upset, so decide to leave. As we were leaving we did see the girl going round with some water bottles to the raccoon enclosure.

We will not be visiting again. Not enough people working ther to look after the animals.
Should be inspected by the RSPCA as i think some animals were in distress...

6  Thank shaz1203
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I visited here with my granddaughter yesterday; we had a wonderful day, she thoroughly enjoyed the playground, so much for her to do, slides, swings, zip wires, climbing frames, moon buggies etc. Tractor trailer and tractor barrel rides, a good choice of walks with plenty of animals to see, they also did lamb feeding and animal talks but we didn't do those, reasonably priced cafe and delicious ice creams.
She was absolutely shattered when we left.

1  Thank smaPreston
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Woodland walks, Hay maze, animals to feed lambs chicks goats alpaca much more, and of course wild boar, swings pedal carts, tractor rides, small gift shop cafe. And fantastic ice cream, and extremely friendly staff, who obviously enjoy what they do. Even let us use the office phone as we could not get mobile signal .third visit just as good as first. It was the childrens choice to return they are 10 and 7.

3  Thank estherdiane