“Brilliant Cycle ride”

Ranked #3 of 70 things to do in Preston
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Every Prestonian must do this bike ride/walk. Possibly every Lancastrian or at least anyone who enjoys a decent bike ride. Great fun, lots to see, great cafe at Brockholes or meal/drinks at the Continental on route.

All reviews
"great asset"
"starting point"
"river ribble"

Reviewed 27 April 2014

A brilliant bike ride for my husband and I. It is tiring as you get towards the end but it is well worth the hard work.

Do be careful in Avenham Park as we had a fair few people who let their dogs off the lead (!!!!) and almost ran into my bike.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

What a great day out. Very tiring if your not very fit like us but a great sense of achievement. We have completed this cycle route several times since it's inception and we love it more each time. There are different things to see at different times of year, and a different experience dependent on the ability of the riders with you on the day of completion. Personally, my favourite ride is when we have my daughter with us. She is 11 and is not a great fan of cycling, so we go much slower and because of this we take more time to see the wildlife and views, especially along the banks of the River Ribble. There are plenty of places to stop and take a break, including the delightful Miller Park or the more tranquil canal banks. The route feels really safe for the kids. The only negative is that we have a 4 mile cycle along busy main roads to get to the nearest start point. It would be fabulous if the council were to extend routes off the guild wheel to the more rural areas. If your not a cyclist, then pick a section and take a walk. It's well worth it.

1  Thank asmc01
Reviewed 20 April 2014

A brilliant cycle route for all ages mixed scenery 90% off road done it numerous times if I want a good cycle ride I do the guild wheel,do it u will enjoy and there are plenty of refreshment stops.

1  Thank Graham P