“Great food Great prices”
Review of Coco's Soul Food

Coco's Soul Food
Ranked #2 of 535 Restaurants in Preston
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Glossop
“Great food Great prices”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Took our daughter to her induction day at Preston College.Visited her student accomidation found Cocos on Trip advisor.Cant wait for her to start in September so i can sample more great dishes .

Preston, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food - full of flavour”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Went for lunch just after noon on a Saturday. 4 of us, 2 of whom are veggies. Not great to look at, and was a bit of a squeeze to get sat down as the place was packed at 12:10pm. lukily, quite a few were for take outs, so the place soon started to thin out. It took a while to place our order as the place is very busy, but all it does is get your nose working overtime as you sniff all that they are cooking.
So, the food - between us we have the Nachos, Falafel Sandwich, Veggie Burger, Chicken Wings and Jambalaya. - Each was very very tasty, and we all struggled to finish our meal. Think this is now our goto place when we head into town. Oh.. I forgot the price - all the above + 4 drinks for about £25 - bargain. Their facebook page has the menu on it too

The staff are great too, smiling, happy to server - brilliant place...please dont change

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Vijay B
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“VALUE is the word here.. £5 for a Jambalaya!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I love a good little no frills cafe. My boyfriend had been bugging me to try this place. I'm glad i finally went!

The atmosphere is lively. Lots of different ages, races and backgrounds all in here. That sings to me and says it's the kinda place that's caught everyone's attention. I'm sat opposite a few kids, next to me a traditionaly dressed Caribbean man and woman. On my other side a couple of hippies lol. It's packed in here. We sit upstairs.

Narrow stair case- beware! The toilet has a bath and shower in it?? Ha. No idea why. Perhaps its because some food can be spicy hot and you need it to cool off? Who knows.

We grab a menu..no airs and graces here it's park your butt on a bench at a table and help yourself to the menu then order at the hatch downstairs. The menu is great..REALLY affordable. I'll even say cheap!! I order Jambalaya. A deep rich, smokey rice and chicken dish. I don't expect much for £5........Then it arrives. STACKED high on my plate. No half portions. I'm uber happy with my portion. My friends order the nachos which are like no other nachos I've tasted before. Super thin and crispy nachos- no triangles! Super toasty/crisp flavor. FAB. My BF has a chicken wrap which has been toasted to perfection and is loaded with like a creamy coriander sauce its to die for!

People.... This is THAT place...you always walked past and never walked into as you thought it wasn't a restaurant or a "sit in and enjoy yourself" kinda place. Oh but it is. It's so so good!

TIP: Arrive early if your a party of 3+ as the bigger tables go quickly and you'll be left waiting to get a seat.

• Visited July 2014
Kingston upon Thames, England, United Kingdom
“Best food I've had in Preston”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Having been disappointed with pub grub in Preston in the past, we went to Coco's Soul Food based on the positive reviews here. It was fairly busy (Saturday lunchtime) but we found a table without incident.

The Caribbean chicken curry was delicious; my companion went for steak and chips and was taken rather by surprise when the steak came with a seriously spicy marinade. Happily she liked it - as did I, having had a taste - but the menu could be clearer. The food overall was excellent and reasonably priced (we spent less than £20 between two of us), and we are likely to return again.

• Visited June 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
“Amazing good value for money food”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

If you prefer flavour to frills this is the place . Mango chilli chicken was one of the best I ve had . Good prices. . Will definitely be back very soon

• Visited June 2014