“Fine”

Ranked #384 of 555 Restaurants in Preston
Cuisines: British
“Fine”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Booths is always fairly reliable but I guess that takes into account the fact that I only ever have the all day breakfast. When we deviated from that it was not a good experience. The food is always fine but the surrounding staff doing the cleaning are not the most switched on which takes away from being a high-end café/shopping experience. Booths does need to seriously review all of its menu and staff because I think it has potential to be a really great café.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Steven N

preston
“Absolute Rubbish”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We ate at Booths cafe on the 7/4/2014, food disgusting service so slow all cold young supervisors did not have a clue what they were doing,whats going on at that place it used to be so good,the only thing i enjoyed was the coffee and the seafood bloomer ( PERFECT) its a pity the hot meals are not the same,why employ young kids to do prof jobs, Booths dont seem to care.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank koi1
“Total Incompetence”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Visited for breakfast 8th Feb 14. Café not at full capacity. Was told there would be a 20-25min wait for food. I asked if I could just get a bacon roll ( as tray under warmer full of bacon ) and was told no, everything would take 20 mins, despite ample staff and food trays full of food! Our food eventually came 40mins later, accompanied by a rather cold cup of tea by this time. I have no complaints about the quality of food, but have been compelled to submit a first ever review as have been astounded by the absolute lack of organisation and effective management of this café. Perhaps It would be of benefit to redirect the budget used for free drinks, to management and staff training.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Lin B
“Wake up Booths”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Having taken my sister to a hospital appointment the two of us I popped in for breakfast on the 27th Feb 14. The reasoning behind this being that the standard would be higher than the hospital cafe. I ordered egg on toast and a small full breakfast. We’d drunk the tea before the food arrived. The service is pretty slow as it is possible to get. This was a moot point when the food had been cooked some time ago. The small full breakfast looked ok, but the egg on toast was terrible. (See picture.) Such rubbery, tough eggs on limp toast.

I might have complained but the ample staff that are behind the counter all seem to be either confused, dazed, or not at all bothered. For an artisan supermarket that prides itself on the quality of its food this is simply not good enough. Simple fresh food served and cooked well is what I wanted. What I got was nothing of the kind. I won’t be going to this cafe again and furthermore I probably won’t bother shopping there again either. Wake up Booths this should be the showcase for your products not an attempt to rival a transport cafe.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank elderdays
Preston, United Kingdom
“Beef in wine - beautiful!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I called in for lunch recently and had the best beef in wine I have had for a long time. I ordered the large portion for £5.95 but should have ordered the smaller one as I couldn't finish it. There was plenty of meat and gravy and the accompanying roast potatoes were delicious. It also came with carrots and cauliflower - great value for money. The cafe was very busy and the staff would only let people order once they had a guaranteed seat, which was fine because you weren't left to look for a seat with your hot food in your hands. I will be returning.

• Visited February 2014