“Fabulous fun!”

Jollie's Barn
Ranked #7 of 30 Fun & Games in Preston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is a great venue for older and younger children. With its clean and modern interior- this is a great place to visit. In a two hour period, my two children played on a bouncy castle, participated in an Easter egg hunt, painted garden pots and visited Easter Bunny...in addition to all of the usual fun and frolics you'd expect from this type of establishment. Food was lovely and cheap (part of the meal deal). This is great venue for mums to catch up with friends whilst their children play the day away!

I will definitely visit jollies again. This is one of the best play venues I have visited in a long time. Fab fun for all of the family.

All reviews
"birthday parties"
in 4 reviews
"soft play"
in 4 reviews
"children play"
in 3 reviews
"great place for the kids"
"home made cakes"
in 6 reviews
"shoes"
"fab"

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Free entry for our 18 month old, food was average and took 40 minutes to arrive (we were told it'd be 25). It was very busy at the time we were there due to so many birthday parties. The children booked into the birthday parties were all around 5-8 years old so wasn't overly appropriate for an 18 month to be around.
Otherwise great fun, he did enjoy himself lots and we did too.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Arranged to meet friends here who usually visit in the peaceful midweek. This Saturday was packed with parties and the staff could not keep up. Not enough seating and uncleared tables created chaos. There were announcements stating that playtime was limited to 2 hours however we weren't told this upon entry and we had to wait 20 minutes for a table before we ordered food. Surely food time is not included in playtime? Our food when it arrived was awful. Kids meals - "Fish stars" contain minimal actual fish and only 2 on the plate. Chicken nuggets are actually as hard and dry as nuggets. You could play a tune on the plate with the dried out bullets and again only 2 (inedible so quantity possibly irrelevant).I had nachos with pickled jalapeños for the first time ever. There was no clean cutlery as they were busy so it was fingers and napkins or plastic forks.
It is difficult to find a position where you can see the kids playing without feeling anxious or going in. It seemed clean and unfortunately it was too wet for the outdoor play to be open.
I would go again on a mid week day and be more careful on food choice to give this place another try.

1  Thank Ali1234567890
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have had a 3 yr olds party this morning were we brought 10 kids and all the parents. On booking this my wife was told the price per child and party bags, and was told tea n coffee was free for adults. When I came to pay the bill I was shocked to see the price of tea n coffee on the bill. After discussing this with what appeared to be the manager was told it wasn't free and I had to pay it, she said we misunderstood what was said and we took it to mean tea and coffee was available, which I felt to be a little patronising.
After discussing this with the party all where in agreement that for the business we brought into Jolie's, not just tiday but past events aswell, tea and coffee should have been free. To make matters worse, on the way out with what we thought were our balloons we were challenged and had them taken from our children. Regrettably we will not be coming back to jollies for anymore events as we feel we have been cheated and been misled with the prices which has left a bitter taste.
Very disappointed and will not be going again.

4  Thank KatieGibbons
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I took my three young children last week along with a friend and her kids. I have been a few times but this was my friends first visit. Our lack of customer care course started at the till as we payed to go in, the girl serving us had a very bad attitude and no manners, what a lovely welcome!
Whilst ordering food we observed the staff slouching around in the kitchen, or more like the common room and a little more disturbing the chef scratching his groin in full view of people stood at the till.
Our kids meals arrived on saucer sized dishes, with no drinks and completely mixed up. We had paid £4 for their food and they arrived on the smallest plates I have ever seen. I would have thought small businesses were trying to attract new customers not insulting them with completely awful value for money service.
What we noticed was that the owner was not on site but the manager was, I think the owner needs to have a look at what goes on when she's not around!
My friend said she would never set foot in the place again and I have to say as a local family we will not spend our money here again.

5  Thank david34England