“Very nice”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Durham, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed here two nights with my husband and two children. The hotel is in a nice location, nice and quite no traffic. It was really hot but we had a fan in a our room which was lovely. The staff on arrival were helpful, friendly and seemed really genuine in wanting help it was a nice touch after a long drive.

I was disappointed with the noise from other guests above our room it sounded like they were jumping off the beds at times it was that loud when they walked and this went on until 11:30 and started again very early around 7:00 so i didn't sleep much on my second night (not sure if this was because the guests above were simply uncaring or due to not much insulation between the floors but other than that i would recommend premier inn to anyone and everyone lovely place and staff!

We travelled the UK this week for our holiday staying in Birmingham, Cardiff and Preston and stayed with Premier Inn for three nights at two different hotels and they were amazing compared to the other hotel we stated at for our other night!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nicola C, Manager at Premier Inn Preston East Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Good Evening Lisa H,

I would like to say thank you very much for your lovely comments I will make sure this gets seen by everyone at Preston East

Regarding the noise I am very sorry to hear about that we do have a silent night tool kit in place starts from 10pm floor walks till 7am to ensure guests have a great night sleep guaranteed, we can only hear guests being loud I'm bedrooms and can't hear in rooms we would of knocked on for you if reception was aware
If this did effect your sleep then please don't hesitate to contact us on 01772 284094

Hope to see you and your family again in the future

Nicola Cannon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Polish first
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

What can I say about this location. It's a premier inn. The hotel and rooms are what you would expect. The staff a very friendly and helpful. The room was very hot and the room would have benefited from air con. The staff did offer fans and iced water. The biggest issue I had was the cost at over £90 for the room with breakfast. This is not the sort of cost I would expect to pay for a premier inn.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Good Evening Alan E,

Thank you for the nice comments I shall pass this onto the team

Regarding air con we are trying our best to resolve that, and regarding the price we are a more expensive hotel as we do fill the hotel every night from family guests to business.
We do offer £29.00 rooms like any other Premier Inn, if you book in advance on our website
Hope this helps

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Broke up a long journey with wife and baby, and was pleasantly surprised.Superb staff, and restaurant food very good. Huge room, which was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. Good value for money and a great
sleep . Ideal stop location for travelling North or South M6,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nicola C, Manager at Premier Inn Preston East Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Good Evening Edward G,

Thank you so much for posting this fantastic review of the hotel, we are all very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us,

We hope to see you again in the future

Strood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Premier Inn was conveniently located for my work and had friendly and professional staff. The room was clean, tidy and comfortable and the breakfast was good. There was loads of parking space too.
That's all I want when I work away and Premier Inn met all my expectations. I would stay again if I need to work in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Good Evening Jojicat,

Thank you for your lovely comments I shall pass this onto the our team
and we are delighted that you would return back to us at Preston East.

Take care

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Premier Inn for two nights whilst visiting our relatives in the north of England. We found it very convenient although the accessibility to and from the M6 is limited as you have to go onto the M6 southbound and turn round at junction 31 in order to go north., you go straight on to the motorway to go South. The bedrooms were typical of other Premier Inns but unfortunately because of the hot weather it was extremely hot even with a fan on at full bore. The bedroom and bathroom were very clean, the bathroom was small but with every amenity. We had breakfast both mornings and dinner once, all the food was good and the staff very pleasant. The parking was good and we checked in on line which was great - no hassle when you arrive. I would recommend this Premier Inn for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nicola C, Manager at Premier Inn Preston East Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Good Afternoon Michelle504201,

Thank you for your lovely comments I shall pass this onto the our team
and we are delighted that you would recommend us this means a lot to us here at Preston East

Regarding the heating we are trying to get air con, but at the minute we are doing our best for hot rooms eg fans in every room, extra Sheets in room and ice water at reception.

Hope to see you again in the future

UK
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is located on an industrial estate with the Beefeater Restaurant being part of the hotel.
I was booked in via my business and arrived about 7pm, check in was really quick and member of staff was helpful and booked me a taxi on request for the next morning.
The room was quiet, clean and very comfortable, it has all the usual tea coffee and toiletries, and also extra pillows and a cool duvet cover.

I had dinner in the attached Beefeater and the service was good, food was reasonable and a good price. Breakfast was also in the same place, staff were helpful, there was a buffet, with cereals and breads, cooked breakfast was avaible on request, however, the tea and coffee were very cold, otherwise it was a fairly pleasant experience.
I would certainly recommend this hotel for a business stay over.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nicola C, Manager at Premier Inn Preston East Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Good Morning DeerUk,

Regarding the coffee I do apologise I shall pass this information onto the Beefeater.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Scotland
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We used this hotel as a stopover on a drive from Cornwall to Scotland. For this type of stay it is ideal – close to the motorway and with a Beefeater restaurant next door. I have stayed in Premier Inn’s many times and this was typical of the chain – clean, bright rooms with friendly and efficient staff. My only complaint would be the temperature of the room during our stay. Even with the window open and the supplied fan on full the temperature never dipped below 27.5 degrees Celsius (according to the in-room temperature guage which can only provide heat and not cool the room). We were forced to close the window before we went to sleep due to the noise from the M6 and this just increased the stuffiness in the room. This issue really needs to be looked at.

We had an excellent meal at the Beefeater during our stay which has good portions of quality food at reasonable prices.

Overall, I would recommend Preston East Premier Inn as an overnight stopover, but they really need to consider installing Air Con in to the rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nicola C, Manager at Premier Inn Preston East Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Good Morning FuriousdScotland,

Thank you for your feedback and lovely comments about the hotel and beefeater we shall pass this onto the team.

All I can say we apologise and if you did want to contact the site we can deal with your complaint if it wasn't done at check out on 01772 284094