“Lovely!”

Premier Inn Preston West Hotel
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Yet another good Premier Inn, warmly welcomed by the very funny and very friendly Emma...attached pub next door excellent...can't fault our experience! We will definitely stay here again....enjoyed our stay very much!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Philip S, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Preston West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Hello Keith,
So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back to Preston West in the near future, I will pass on your regards to Emma who looked after you during your stay

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Room was ok bed was soft it was nice and clean and overall good for the money the staff were helpful In the hotel and In the pub next door.it was just right for Blackpool 11 miles away it was only the second premier inn I have been to and will use them again

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel is ok, it's not as good as some premier inn's we have stopped at before but it is like I have said before it's just OK. Staff friendly enough, just could do with an update and spruced up, come on premier inn spend some money on it .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

we have stayed at numerous premier inns and we think they are excellent and good value. unfortunately this is awful! We stayed with relatives and had two rooms. Both were in need of a lick of paint and TLC. But both smelled stale of mould and damp! this was in the bathroom but we suspect in the bedroom too. Its a shame as the receptionist was very nice food next door was great but its was spoilt by the rooms. Both were on the ground floor at the back.

Room Tip: Pick another premier inn there are some very nice ones.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank holidaymadyorkshire
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Preston West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

As luck would have it I spotted this place offering rooms for £29/ night on the website and booked in for 4 nights with the missus to see blackpools attractions. There are several Premier Inns in the area so that caused some confusion but we eventually found it and checked in successfully. The room was absolutely fine other than the fact it smelled a bit damp but this was unnoticeable after a time. We stayed in room 4 which was quite a big room. Had all the usual facilities like tea, coffee but no biscuits unfortunately. The room and shower were clean, overall it was quite adequate and it was very quiet. Never saw another guest the whole time we were there and only heard noise once when kids were getting ready upstairs in another room but wasnt too bad. We also ate twice at the hungry horse at nights. It was fine, nothing out of the ordinary really for the price. Other nights we went into kirkham which has a lots of shops and a few takeaways etc. also had food in preston itself one night which is just a stones throw away. The best part of the hotel was its proximity to blackpool where we drove daily. Its just a short distance onto the m55 and then blackpool is not far. There is a big tesco just off the motorway which was handy or supplies. The staff at the hotel were fine, didnt really need them for anything other than checking in. Yes we got a key for the room too but when out and about i just left it in the car as it was quite bulky. Overall it was fine apart from the minor damp thing. Im sure it wouldnt take much to sort it out though.

Room Tip: Room 4 was okay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have stayed in quite a few Premier Inns now and this one has to rank the lowest that I have stayed in. It was ok, it was clean and tidy but compared to others that I have stayed in, it was dated and not the usual quality that I have come to enjoy from Premier Inn.

The staff were friendly and polite, so no complaints there.

Was surprised to get a key rather than a keycard, I don't like keys as they are so bulky and not so easy to carry around. The room was ok, the last few places I have stayed have nice big tvs on the wall so was surprised with the desk mounted smaller tv. The bathroom was small and pokey but overall ok. I would have liked somewhere to hang and dry the towel as I had a shower as soon as I got in and another one in the morning and the towel was still damp as no where to dry it and other Premier Inns usually have a towel rail. The bath had a few marks on the bottom that were a bit off putting but was just a bit on the tired side rather than dirty.

The room was really cold when I got in, but I put the heater on and it warmed up quickly.

I had a meal in the Hungry Horse next door, it was ok, not as good as I had expected from a Hungry Horse. I had a chicken skewer for starter which was good, the classic hot dog was ok, but really messy to eat but was edible.

I wont be booking here again, will try one of the other Preston Premier Inn's if I am back this way again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We had 3 rooms booked. 2 we're on Tue south side of the building. The other was on the north. North side rooms are ALL damp. We know because we complained and ended up checking out many of them. Eventually got all our rooms on the south side. We were fortunate we were away from the wedding party so had quiet rooms but walking through to our rooms late that evening I did potty anyone sleeping in that area as it was very noisy. Breakfast wasn't too had but plates were dirty and the staff had problems keeping up with the demand, many items running out several times. Not the staff's fault as there were not enough of them on. Staff in the hotel were ok but we had to press hard to get the room sorted out. This is an older hotel and needs some serious work done on the place to deal with the damp. I do feel a little sorry for the staff there as it is their head office that should commit to improving the place. It was was very average affair in the end and not to the standards of other premier inns.

• Stayed: September 2013