Bartle Hall Country Hotel
US$95
US$65
Ashwood Hotel(Preston)
US$70
The Park Hotel(Preston)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$91
US$81
Priceline
US$91
US$88
Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel(Preston)(Great Value!)
US$89
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Claremont Hotel(Preston)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$89
PremierInn.com
All reviewsbalmoral suiteafternoon teawedding venueivy cottagebeautiful venuewedding breakfastdaughters weddingfour poster bedgarden roomwedding receptionlovely weddingmain buildingstaff were attentivelovely groundscouldn't do enoughblack puddingbar area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here 1 night in December and even though I struggled to find the place it was quite inviting once i drove in. I think this hotel is really suited for weddings primarily but not bad at all for a corporate stay either. The room i got was on the first floor above reception and was huge. the only downside was that it was so dusty and not really clean.
The hotel was so hot and almost unbearable and would hate to think what the energy cost will be for this hotel. The views from the room ws very beautiful. Dinner was great and decided to have it in the bar rather than the formal restaurant.

all i all a great stay but check out housekeeping

Room Tip: Ask for rooms above the restuarant because not only are they larger but good views too
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Christopher A, General Manager at Bartle Hall Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

May I start by thanking you for the comments, posted here following your 1 night stay at Bartle Hall in December. I was sorry to read that the room you stayed in being the Clifton was, “dusty” I have spoken to the Housekeeping team and they would like to offer their apologises for the short comings in service. As you have seen Bartle Hall is an Old Stately House, set in its large grounds with many different out looks of the country side and the heat is retained in its thick walls, even after the radiators, which are all individually controlled are turned down. With this in mind we try to control the heating to ensure that the building is made comfortably for all our guests, and our measures in controlling our energy efficiency have been rewarded with a Bronze rating from Green Tourism.
Once again thank you for your comments, and I look forward in welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Attended a family Weddng in December , what a amazing time, superb venue, atmosphere and staff, Christopher the manager was very attentive and made sure the day went smoothly, perfect setting for a special day for a great cuople and we will remember it alawys thank you

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gee_Gees
Christopher A, General Manager at Bartle Hall Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

I would like to thank you for your nice comments, which you left following your experience here at Bartle Hall at a family members Wedding in December, it’s always a pleasure to receive feedback and I will pass your kind comments on to all the staff. Once again thank you.
Kind regards

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is well known as a wedding venue and hotel however it has recently started to do a special "Afternoon Tea" on Tuesday and Wednesday so my friend and I thought we would see what it was like. I am not rating this as a hotel, just for todays experience. It was very good! We were greeted by an extremely pleasant man named Richard who was happy, helpful, very attentive and efficient. There are three prices of afternoon tea and this depends whether you would like champagne with it. The starting price is £15 per person. For that you get tea or coffee, four types of sandwiches, two types of warm home made scones with jam and cream, three little homemade cakes and some fresh fruit. Richard showed us into the Garden Room which is set up for the afternoon teas and the only reason I gave a 4* and not a 5* was due to the room. The décor is a little tired, the curtains needed laundering and the chair covers needed pressing. If this were done I would be delighted to give top marks. I will certainly go back very soon and can happily recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank nicola r

Thank you very much for your comments placed here on Trip Advisor. We do indeed serve full afternoon tea on Tuesdays & Wednesdays, however on selected dates thought out the year we also hold Sunday Afternoon Soirées and it’s always worth taking a look at our web site to find out the next date. I have passed on your comments to Richard and he would like to thank you for them. The Garden Room I am pleased to tell you is at the top of our refurbishment programme, and I would ask you to once again to either look at our web site or simply follow us on Facebook to find out when this has been completed after which I would be delight for you and your party to return.
Regards

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Arrived on the evening on the 7th Jan 2014. for a one night stay.
We were surprised on seeing the room as it was quite small and the "wash room" which had a wash basin, shower and toilet was really small. The wash basin required the waste plug to be removed to drain any water, this resulted in the waste water bubbling up through the shower drain and into the shower tray. The room was OK for a one night stay but we would not want to stay any longer than that. We were woken at six AM by a delivery lorry. The staff were pleasant and when we left the next morning we stated we were disappointed with our stay as we had seen good reviews about the hotel. It was explained to us the room allocated was the one we had booked, and they would get the waste water issue sorted out. We did request on booking that we would like a sheet and blanket not a duvet. This did not happen, we did read afterwards that requests cannot always be carried out. I do not think we will book the hotel again. I have reviewed the hotel as average but from our experience it only just merits that rating.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chrismary1
Christopher A, General Manager at Bartle Hall Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

May I start by offering my sincere apologises, in regards to your recent stay here at Bartle Hall, it would seem on this occasion we have not entirely lived up to our usually very high standards of customer service. Bartle Hall has a selection of different rooms of different sizes and it would seem that the room allocated to you for your short stay with us did not seem to be the right one. The issue in regards to the waste water has now been resolved and I would like to thank you for bringing it to our attention, I am currently also reviewing as to how we can improve on Guest requests for sheets and blankets in replacement for our usual duvets.
I would like to take this opportunity and thank for all your comments, and for taking the time to post them on Trip Advisor.
Christopher Ashby.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This was our first visit to the hall, we had booked for Dinner on Christmas Eve. The surroundings looked wonderful and we expected it to be relatively busy however after arrival drinks in the bar we we're taken to the dining room ( size of a living room) to find that there were only another 3 guests booked in all evening so there was no atmosphere and no privacy. The food was average for the price and the hall was in need of repair in places. That said the staff were friendly and it may be a completely different experience in summer

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle C

Firstly we here at Bartle Hall use all reviews posted on Trip Advisor in a positive and constructive way ensuring we are always listening to our Guests.
I was sorry to read that your Dinner did not met your expectations. The night in question was indeed quieter than we would have wished it to be, and although we did have a number of other Guest staying in the Hotel over the Christmas period, unfortunately they either had dinner in the bar or went out. I have spoken to the Chef in regards to your comments about the food, and he has asked me to pass on his sincere apologies, I have also spoken to the members of staff who served you on the night and passed on your nice comments made about them.
The Garden Room, which you and your party dined in on Christmas Eve is one of the areas at the top of our list of continual refurbishment programme and hope to have this finished in late spring.
Once again thank you for your comments, and on behalf of the whole Team here at Bartle Hall I would like to apologise for the short coming you and your party experienced.
Christopher Ashby.