“Excellent stay”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here as part of a deal We were in the Lytham suite Shower worked pillows fine Don't know if we were lucky but no kitchen noise or smells Most of the rooms seem to be getting up dated. Food good choices Staff very helpful Nice place for a quiet break No wedding on though

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Christopher A, General Manager at Bartle Hall Country Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
It's great to hear that you had a nice break here at Bartle Hall in one of our Classic Double rooms - all of which have been refurbished. We pride ourselves on our staff service and I will pass on your kind words to them. Great to hear that you were pleased with the food offering - we are opening a restaurant here at the hotel in September, perhaps we'll see you there?

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Morecambe
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I attended a wedding here last week, it was absolutely brilliant and we were well cared for all day, food was delicious and the singing waiter's were very entertaining. Well done to you all

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank deliciousdeb
Thank you for your kind words, I am so pleased to hear that the day was brilliant for you and that you felt cared for, it's certainly something we strive to achieve here at Bartle Hall. We also enjoyed the singing waiters - what great entertainment they were. We also hold afternoon teas here at the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back here at Bartle Hall.
Heswall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here with my partner for one night to attend a friends' wedding. When we were shown to our room the entire first floor of the hotel was filled with cooking smells, to the extent that I noticed that my clothes smelt when I returned home the next day. The décor was tired and dated, the room was very small and the bathroom tiny with barely enough room to turn around without banging into something. The staff were helpful and friendly and I couldn't fault the breakfast but overall very overpriced at £120 for bed and breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank REJ69
Christopher A, General Manager at Bartle Hall Country Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Firstly thank you for writing your review.

I was sorry to read that you did not entirely enjoy your stay with us whilst attending your friend’s Wedding. I have to be honest I do not understand why the whole of the first floor area was filled with the cooking smells from the kitchen, and soon as I read this I asked our maintenance team to look into how this could have happened, also to ensure that the extraction system was working correctly, and I am happy to say that the extraction from the kitchen was and is working. We are at this moment carrying out a number of refurbishment programmes in and around the Hotel, and have taken your comments on board, and will use them in a constructive way. In finishing thank you for all your comments, I will pass onto the kitchen team about how you enjoyed the breakfast, and to all the staff on how much you found them to be both helpful and friendly.

Yours sincerely
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I can't even write a review that will even begin to do this place justice! They were absolutely fantastic from the word go!
We held our wedding here on the 7th of June 2014. On the day they ensured everything went smoothly! We didn't have to worry about a thing. An especially huge thank you to Martin who had to deal with herding around my friends, family and new husband! He was great!
The venue itself is just gorgeous, all our guests commented on how beautiful it was! The food was amazing as well, no one had a bad word to say!
All our guests who stayed the night were happy with their bedrooms, we stayed in the Westby bridal suite which we loved. The bathroom was gorgeous!
Don't hesitate to book this venue for your wedding! There is actually nothing I can fault, we had the most perfect day! They honestly could not do enough for you.
Thank you all so much!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank hannah_banannah
Thank so much for taking the time the write such a fantastic review.

Martin was delighted with his mention, and has asked me to pass on his thanks. It is great to read that all your family and friends had such a wonderful time celebrating you and your new Husbands special day, and it would be nice to see you both back again in the very near future.

Kind regards

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We held our wedding at Bartle Hall on 27th May 2014 and we most certainly did not regret our choice of venue! From booking it to our wedding day all of the staff was brilliant. Always happy to answer our many questions and get back in touch with us as soon as they could. We had exclusivity so only our wedding guests, apart from the staff, throughout the day and evening were at the venue which was one of my main criteria when choosing a venue so this was perfect. Taking advantage of the 2 main rooms helped the day flow and keep the momentum going with having the ceremony and Breakfast in the Windsor suite and the evening reception in the Balmoral suite; both rooms decorated beautifully.

All our guests loved and where very impressed with the location, food and service from the staff; they complimented us on what an amazing day they had and a good find which was great to hear and a testament to Bartle Hall.

All our guests who stayed at Bartle Hall where very happy with their rooms and the breakfast (which is included in the price) the next morning. Our complimentary bridal suit (Ivy Cottage) was amazing also, very comfortable and we loved the bathroom!

We would most definitely recommend Bartle Hall to anyone who is looking for a wedding venue in the North West.

We want to say a special thank you to Lisa, Liza, Jenny, Christopher and all the staff who helped make our day special. Thank you!

Mr. & Mrs. Parry

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer_Parry
Christopher A, General Manager at Bartle Hall Country Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
My I start by thanking you both for such a lovely review, and for taking the time to post it here on Trip Advisor.
It was fantastic to read all your guests enjoyed both your amazing day, and their stay with us. I have, as always passed on your comments to all the team here at Bartle Hall. As you write in your review there are many advantages in booking the Hotel exclusivity, and must agree I too love the bathroom in the Ivy Cottage, which as you know is just one of our four poster rooms.
It would be great to see you both back again soon.

Kind Regards

General Manager.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We held our wedding at Bartle Hall on 27th April 2014 and I can honestly say that we had the best day. We instantly knew that we wanted to hold our wedding here from the very first visit, there was just something about it, and we booked it there and then. We had our ceremony in the Windsor Suite and the reception in the Balmoral Suite and we opted for the Oak package.

From the very beginning the staff at Bartle Hall were excellent. I sent quite a few emails over the course of 18 months (to info@bartlehall) with various queries and questions and I always receieved a quick helpful responce. I cannot fault their customer service, professionalism and willingness to help, and this, without a doubt helped to ensure that our preparations went smoothly.

On the day of our wedding we had excellent weather. We had originally planned to hold our ceremony outside in their grounds however due to the weather forecast we decided to move it indoors to the Windsor Suite a couple of days before. One thing worth mentioning is that if you use Creative Cover Hire (who are excellent by the way) for your venue dressing, chair covers etc. please be aware that there is an extra fee (approx £65) for moving the chairs from the Windsor Suite to the Balmoral Suite. We weren't informed of this by Bartle Hall when we booked, just a minor oversight i'm sure. Also, if you want extra draping e.g. on your signing the register table, you need to ask and pay for this separately with Creative Cover Hire.

Just before the ceremony was due to start I was met by Christopher, a true gentleman, who acted as Master of Ceremonies thoughout our day. He arranged for the guests to be seated, arranged the bridesmaids and even advised on when they should enter the room. Thoughout the whole day Christopher made us feel very important and this was most noticable during the wedding breakfast. He organised everyone including us and there wasn't a single moment when I found myself having to think about the next step as Christopher was already on it, organising us and letting us know what was going on. During the meal Christopher had his eye on us at all times, ensuring that we received the best service possible and our glasses were topped up and we were happy. We've never had service like it, we felt very special. After the meal, we went back over to the Windsor Suite whilst the room was tidied up and arranged for the evening reception and the staff did a great job arranging the candelarbras and flowers around the room even without me asking them. I really appreciated this and yet again it was another thing i didn't have to think about.

The food. The food was amzing! It was very important to us that our guests were served excellent food at our wedding and they certainly got that! We had canapes during the drinks reception and for the wedding breakfast we had butternut squash and sage soup, braised beef and tiramisu. We have recieved many compliments from our guests about the food and we couldn't be happier with our choices. In the evening we served 'posh pie and chips' which was absolutely delicious. Highly reccommended and again we have receieved loads of compliments about the food including comments that it was the best wedding food people had eaten! I agree.

We stayed in the Ivy Cottage which is the more modern of the bridal suites, we didn't spend much time here but I can confirm that the room is lovely and the bed is very comfortable. The other rooms vary and won't be to everyones taste but i don't think any of our guests had any complaints. Me and my bridesmaids got ready in the Clifton which is a lovely room and very large. My mum stayed in the Westby which is the other bridal suite and this room has a great bathroom and a lovely big four poster bed.

Our wedding day couldn't have gone better for us and we want to thank the staff at Bartle Hall for making it such a special day. If you're looking for a top class wedding venue with excellent customer service, food and staff then look no further then Bartle Hall.

We look forward to returning in November for our friends wedding and for our one year anniversary.

Room Tip: Check which rooms have been updated recently if you can as there are some that need a little bit of...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katie-Lea2013
Firstly thank you for taking the time to post such a fantastic review following your very special day here at Bartle Hall. Myself and all the team welcome all comments, and reviews such as this one mean a lot, I have of course past them on to the team, and they too would like to thank you. Please say hello when you both return in November, it will be great to see you again, and of course please contact me personally when you have a date in mind, so I can arrange your visit on your anniversary.

Yours sincerely

blackpool
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I attended my son's wedding reception at this venue,and whilst I could not fault the reception itself,or the food,or the staff,who were all friendly and helpful,the hotel itself needs some attention.
Our room, the Lytham Suite,was reasonable,but if we had been staying for more than one night I would not have been happy.The shower didn't work,and we had to have a bath in about a foot of water due to poor water pressure,also the pillows were flat and needed replacing.
The problem with the shower was mentioned when we checked out,but no discount was offered.
We were offered an early morning call,but didn't need it as our room was situated close to the kitchens,so the racket of pots and pans at 6.30 in the morning was all the alarm call we needed!
The whole place needed a bit of a revamp and redecoration to be honest.My son's room had wallpaper hanging off the wall and cobwebs in the corner.Not good for a £120 a night!
I fact I've stayed at plenty of Premier Inns which were cleaner,more comfortable,and quieter at
a fraction of the price!
The hotel grounds were lovely however,and it is the perfect place for a wedding reception,but
I feel that Barltle Hall has perhaps been resting on it's reputation for too long,and needs to smarten itself up.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for posting your review here on Trip Advisor following your resent stay with us whilst attending your son’s Wedding.
It was great to read that you and your family enjoyed the day itself, highlighting both the food and service, and I will of course past on these to all the team. However I was sorry to read the comments about the bedrooms, and the noise from the kitchen in the morning. I have spoken to the housekeeping team about the pillows and the cobwebs, and the kitchen team about the noise in the morning, I thank you for bring these to my attention, simple things like that should not happen. We are at this moment carrying out lots of different refurbishment programs in all areas of the Hotel, this includes the Balmoral Suite, the Garden Room, bedrooms & gardens, and I would ask you to contact me personally to invite you back, and help restore your faith back in Bartle Hall.
Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review.
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preston
Preston Marriott Hotel
Stanley House Hotel & Spa
The Park Hotel
The Park Hotel
#7 of 15 in Preston

Been to Bartle Hall Country Hotel? Share your experiences!