“Great for Lorry mad Little boys”

British Commercial Vehicle Museum
Ranked #9 of 70 things to do in Preston
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Our first visit to the museum coincided with the spring transport show so there was plenty of extra cars and lorries to look at in the outside car parking area. If it had been a normal day I may have been disappointed with the size of the museum and the amount of interactive stuff for the kids to do.
I put in my title that it's good for Lorry mad little boys because of the amazingly sexist attitude of one of the volunteers who was happy to show my young son around and let him sit in all of the lorry cabs but kept telling him that " lorries were not for girls" and would not include my friends 2 young girls who were just as interested. I thought he was joking at first until I told him how I used to loved clambering around my uncles lorry and grew up loving cars and all things motorised when he said again that he didn't care if he sounded sexist but girls shouldn't be interested in this type of thing. This put a bit of a damper on the day and I am sure it was quite upsetting for my friend.
My son loved the museum and he is desperate to go again but next time he can go with his dad and. I will give it a wide berth!

2  Thank Rachel J
"cake"
"all ages"
"great place to visit"

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Four of us decided to visit the museum after hearing so much about it. It's was well worth a look, very well maintained, clean, the staff where very friendly and helpful. Would recommend a visit to all with a interest any sort of road vehicle.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Helpful, pleasant and patient voluntary staff at the museum. Every vehicle has some history to it.
Immaculately clean place, easy to park. Some of the vehicles are accessible and it is an interesting place to spend a couple of hours. Nephew had a great time (aged 3). He particularly enjoyed being able to sit behind the wheel of an old fire engine, ring its bell and wear a firemans helmet and climb aboard an old Selnet bus.

1  Thank chorley64
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My children loved this place, and so did their grandad! Would recommend to anyone who has an interest in vehicles!

2  Thank Lisa S