“service not good, management did nothing”
Review of NYC Steakhouse & grill - CLOSED

NYC Steakhouse & grill
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Preston, United Kingdom
“service not good, management did nothing”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

02/08/14 8 pm, sat down, we order 2 sirloins rare, stakes come one was sirloin the other was fillet, we sent it back, after that we were told there was no more sirloin, stake house no sirloin at 8 pm on Saturday night? well , we order a rib-eye, the steaks come and mine was no rare any more because it was left under the lights wile the other was cooked, the sauce were so hot from the MICROWAVE that I ad to use a napkin to pour the sauce, the sauces were really bad, the steak was good, the waitress wen told what appended by other waitress used body language that should not be used, but what strikes me more was that the manager the guy that was at the reception, after been told what appended did NOTHING , at least one word, but no when we left just said thank you when we past reception, for some reason on a Saturday night it was half empty.

• Visited August 2014
5 Thank paulo f
nycsteakhouse, Manager at NYC Steakhouse & grill, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hi Paulo f

After looking through your review I would just like to point a few things out, firstly when you placed the order for your meals you did in fact order a sirloin and a fillet at the time of order, I was advised by my staff, that you had changed your mind when the fillet came too your table, telling her you ordered two sirloin, if you asked us for two sirloins we would have advised you that we had only one left in the kitchen, after I had investigated the problem through communicating with my head chef and waitress I realised that there was not much I could do as you said you would have the ribeye steak instead also changing your sauce which we did for you at our expense, as far as I was concerned you were happy with the meal as stated above, the reason we only had one sirloin left was because all our meat is fresh in that day, and that because we are a new company we just don't know at the moment how many people are coming through our doors, as we are getting busier we are ordering more stock so I do apologise if we did not have another sirloin, you say that we were not busy, I find this very strange as we only had two tables in the restaurant that was not taken at the time stated in your review 8pm.
Just to let you know that 95% of our food is fresh and made to order, our plates etc. are heated up before we put food on them so your food stays hotter for longer, this is why your sauce jug was hot, we do advise when bringing hot plates etc. to the table that you take great care as everything is hot, we do not heat up sauces in the microwave, just because the jug was hot you presume we used a microwave, all sauces are made to order and our FRESH.
Every customer that leaves our premises we ask how there night was and to have a good evening, if you were not happy you should have said something to me when I asked and I would have done my upmost to solve your problem, our staff are polite and very attentive to your needs and would never use body language or any other type of language to make you feel uncomfortable.

I am sorry you visit was not satisfactory, I guess we just can not please everyone that comes into our business

“Best steak in Preston!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have been waiting for a steakhouse to arrive in Preston and it finally has!
Walking in the decor is great and very classy.
I ordered a 20oz steak which came with chips (although you can choose from potatoe or sweet) it was amazing!! Very well cooked and the other 6 people I came with loved theirs and cleaned the plates!
The chef came out to chat which was a nice touch too!
The Only tiny tiny thing I would say is that perhaps turn the music up a bit to create a bit more atmosphere, however we were there on a Thursday night so I'm sure a Saturday night is completely different.

Great service from a lovely waitress too!

A BIG must for any steak lovers, fantastic place!!

• Visited July 2014
nycsteakhouse, Manager at NYC Steakhouse & grill, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Hi SALou23

Thank you for your kind comments, we hope to see you again soon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top restaurant”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Food is lovely and the portions are very big. Staff are very welcoming and the service is brilliant, would definitely recommend.

1 Thank Molly D
Hi Molly D

Thank you for your kind review, we look forward to seeing you again soon
Rhyl
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed in Preston for 1 night after looking at the hotel menu decided to go into Preston to eat.Decided to dine at NYC after reading reviews.Staff very friendly nothing to much trouble.Food excellent value cooked to perfection.As this is a new restaurant its only a matter of time before word gets around about about the excellent food and value.Two guys decided to try the 72 ounc steak challenge but failed no doubt someone will beat the challenge soon.If we visit Preston again we will not be looking for other restaurants but heading straight for the NYC Steakhouse and Grill.

• Visited July 2014
nycsteakhouse, Manager at NYC Steakhouse & grill, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hi thank you for the review, lets hope your right and things do take off, we have been waiting for someone to complete the challenge so we can put them on the wall of fame, fingers crossed next up does it.

Next time your in Preston don't forget to hook up with us, would be great to see you again
“Best Steak in Town”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Really good meal, great steak cooked perfectly and all the sides and sauces are top notch. Staff were friendly and attentive and for the quality of the meals reasonably priced. Shall be going back to try some more of the menu !

• Visited July 2014
nycsteakhouse, Manager at NYC Steakhouse & grill, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your nice comment, we hope to see you again soon