“Consistently very good”

Price range: US$20 - US$66
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ristorante Salvatore's in Preston started out as a small pizza takeaway in 1991 before expanding into the local family run restaurant it is today. It offers a friendly, traditional Italian atmosphere using local produce to serve some of the best food in Lancashire. Whether it is a quick bite at lunchtime, a romantic dinner for two or a celebration with friends and family, the restaurant caters for all.
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I've eaten here five times and to be honest I've never had a poor experience. The smoked salmon pasta was up there with the best I've eaten.The atmosphere was ok but what do you expect on a Monday lunchtime but the food was very good. Car parking was convenient too. i can recomend eating here later in a week in the evening when there is more of a 'buzz'.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

popped in to this place at the weekend. I thought the service was very slow, it took ages just to bring our drinks and we then sat for 20 mins waiting to have our order taken. The staff didn't seem to really care and my partner commented a few times on how miserable they seemed. I asked for the bill and it never came so we just got up in the end.

Our starter was good however the pate came with two big cobs of pate with two little bits of toast, really you needed more toast. I can't give the main any good review as it was poor. I had lemon chicken, this came with roasted potato. The potato's where very over cooked, the only way I could have recreated a potato of that standard would have been to roast them then throw them in a fridge and then microwave them. The chicken was very anaemic and dry and reminded me of a microwave meal. The accompanying vegetables consisted of one floret of cauliflower cheese some carrots and some cabbage. The cauliflower was like mush so was the cabbage the carrots where ok. The second meal was sent full of cheese sauce rather than tomato. This meal was better however it would have been nice to have got what was ordered. Attention to detail by staff again.

I can't fault the drinks as the Prosecco was very enjoyable, light and refreshing the beer was also good.

The atmosphere could be improved quite easily, they had a rock music on in the background and it was a bit OTT.

I won't rush back however would give them another try one day. A little bit of passion and drive could go a long way and if the staff can inject this then this place really could be a cracker.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I have dined may times at this restaurant over the years, but recently less and less so. From our last visit, probably with good reason. Despite the restaurant not being overly busy on a Saturday night (unheard of a few years ago), the bar service was slow and the table service was unprofessional, eg trying to serve mains before clearing starter dishes. Most of the food was OK, but a couple of starters were poorly presented, mainly chicken livers which were just that - no salad or garnish of any sort to dress the dish up.To cap it all, my wife was 'persuaded' to choose a specific dessert before she had even had chance to study the menu which was promptly whisked away. The following day she was very ill all day. It definitely wasn't alcohol related. We won't be returning.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Booked a table for 2 for Sat night at 19:30, arrived early and asked to sit in the bar area and have a drink. Bar area quite small, in fact this is a nice intimate restaurant all round, but there was a keyboard set up which I thought was odd for this restaurant. Our orders were taken at the bar and on time we were ushered to our table. Food was delicious, garlic bread (half and half), chicken livers and galric mushrooms for starters, followed by a calzone pizza and a rigatoni for mains and my wife had a desert which we shared. Drinks are OK from a price point of view and we were well attended to by the waiting staff throughout our meal. Our food was a big improvement from our previous visit and the decorative uplift to the retaurant looked good, it appeared to me that there has been some re-org at Salvatories as none of the staff looked familiar to me but this happens and was not in any way an adverse issue. All in all a really enjoyable evening was spent there although I would suggest dropping the keyboardplayer/singer as i don't think this adds value to the ambience and he wasn't that good in any case.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Excellent food, bit pricer than some other Italians, but food is cooked to perfection. Busy at lunchtimes and evenings. Booking is required at weekends. Good choice on menu. Good service. On bus route and car parking to rear.