“Excellent - everything was fantastic and cant wait to go again”

The Dining Room At Mallory
Ranked #75 of 268 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Price range: US$49 - US$189
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Took my daughter for her birthday and wasn't sure what to expect. But, wow! Surroundings, service, food. All excellent. We were all very impressed with the standard of everything and the food was fabulous. Two of us had the smoked mackerel to start which was very delicate and beautifully presented. I followed this with grouse which again was beautiful. The deserts and cheese board were wonderful - so much so that we compared this to Le Manoir but at a more competitive price. We were told that the Head Chef actually trained with Raymond and it shows! Excellent, excellent. A gem and I will certainly be going back.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

e had a family dinner here on Saturday to celebrate my Mum's 80th birthday ... we originally chose to go here because they had a Michelin star.. unfortunately they have just lost it..so I was concerned whether the food would be as good as we hoped. I needn't have worried.
Our party of 8 (including 3 octogenarians!) was welcomed warmly and the waiting staff had remembered that my Mum is a coeliac and were prepared.
The dining room is really cosy and elegant but quite formal so I was a bit concerned that our group might be too jolly/noisy but again the waiting staff seemed to enjoy it and were happy to joke and laugh with us. (some of the other diners who did not appear to enjoying themselves as much did look a bit sniffy... but I can only assume they were jealous :-) )
The food was faultless... we ate from both the daily menu at £47.50 and from the A La Carte at £65 and none of us could fault anything. I particularly enjoyed the cheese selection.
Wines were a bit pricey with nothing under £29 .. would have liked to have seen some House wines at about £24
Having learnt it was Mum's birthday the staff even arranged to have Happy Birthday iced on the petit fours plate and happily led us in a chorus of "Happy Birthday to you"
Excellent night ....my Uncle said he had never eaten anywhere so posh, but he could get to like it!
Well worth the cost and they deserve to get their star back !

Reviewed 27 October 2013

They say " judge as you find " so , having had both positive and negative reports ,tried Mallory Court for first time with an open mind and we were not disappointed - very impressed in fact . Good welcome on arrival and guided to very comfortable lounge where attentive staff efficiently bought drinks and nibbles . Lovely starters ( excellent bread as well ) , top quality main courses and the best cheese ( table not board !) I've seen since a Michelin 3 star establishment in France.
Wine and drinks ,as expected , a bit pricey but that comes with the territory . Have already booked to return later in the year .

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We live about 300m from Mallory - we've been twice in ten years. That's all about to change, we've just found out how good it is. The lamb Wellington and beef medallions were fantastic, cheese board was top drawer - and wines were both quality and good value. Staff were attentive, knowledgable and friendly.

2  Thank Ewan T
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We were looked after from the moment we entered, starting with drinks on the terrace followed by dinner in the dining room. The food was fantastic, with well matched subtle flavours. We between us ate beef carpaccio, tuna, lamb and monkfish followed by cheese and pistachio and olive oil cake. The accompanying wine was great too.

If I had to find fault I'd say two things, I wasn't sure my coffee was an espresso as it had no crema (rather more like string filter coffee) and the apricot pastille petit four was so good no other could live up to it.