“Never Fails To Delight....”
Review of Memsaab

Memsaab
Ranked #72 of 260 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Midlands
“Never Fails To Delight....”
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Been going there for sometime and it's the food what keeps me coming back again and again..
There special menu is a must, had the ostrich and i would definately....

Warwick
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not authentic”
Reviewed 15 June 2010

After having read the reviews on this site I decided to give Mem Saab a try as I love Indian food. My first impression when I arrived at the restaurant was that it was very quiet. The decor is not what you'd normally expect, very modern and clean if not slightly too dark! I ordered a champayne cocktail which was lovely. For starter I ordered Shisk kebeb as it's normally my favourite, however this was eneamic in colour and didn't have the usual tandoori flavour I love so much. My wife had a fish starter which was very average. For my main dish I had a Byriani which had the texture of cous cous and lacked any "Indian" flavour, the curry which came with it tasted of tinned tomatoes at best. My wife ordered a chicken dish which was basically nearly half a chicken on the plate dry and once again very little flavour and far too much on the plate! Over all we were very disappointed as we were really looking forward to some great food. I think this restaurant is trying too hard to be something different when they would be far bettter off serving some good home made dishes. It's a shame because the staff are genuinly very pleasant and try to make your evening enjoyable. Sorry I won't be returning to this restaurant.

1 Thank PiersWarwick
redditch
“LOVELY!”
Reviewed 28 May 2010

my partner and i went to memsaabs on saturday evening before going to a gig at the nearby assembly and found it to be every thing we expected after reading previos reviews,we got there early ,5.45 and as it was a hot day it was nice to walk in and feel the air conditioning was on .the food and the sevice was very good and the staff very friendly . so all in all very impressed,shame we live in redditch as we would go on a regular basis ,but will for sure visit when we next go to the assembly
Andy

Leamington Spa
“Brilliant - a cut above the rest.”
Reviewed 23 April 2010

We went to Mem Saab on Wednesday evening (7.30pm) for our anniversary meal. It was the first time we had been and we were extremely impressed.

We chose to have the set menu option (little black book they bring you) which is £13.95. For this price you get - popaddums and chutneys, a starter, a main course, a vegetable side dish to share between 2 e.g. bombay aloo (yum!), 2 sundries e.g. we had mushroom pilau rice and a garlic naan to share between us, then a desert of ice cream!! Absolutely brilliant price! This might only be available during the week but not sure...

The food quality was amazing............................top notch completely!! The service was superb - the waiters were so friendly and welcoming. They knew immediately that it was out first time (i take it that they get to know their regulars) and nothing was a problem. They also chatted to us briefly but not too much so that it was annoying, just perfect!
The portions were perfect size, they aren't huge but aren't tiny either. It fills you up completely even if you think it won't to begin with. We were stuffed but managed to eat everything just about!

Drinks are not pricey at all, very reasonable - we had a large glass of chardonnay wine for £4 and a peroni beer.

Also the place is not massive, it is fairly small and cosy but in a really nice way. Not ideal for large groups but i'm sure they would try and cater for you.

In short, i would definitely go back in a flash and would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone and their mother!

warwickshire
“Absolutely First Class”
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Superb food - one can actually taste the difference in the curries! Not just the usual gloop!
Great service , great ambience & Very reasonable .

Thoroughly recommend