As a long term resident of Leamington, I stayed at the Falstaff as it was located close to the purpose of my business, but will definitely not stay there again. The car park (south side) is shabby and very difficult to manouevre around. The entrance is bleak and shabby. The lady on reception was reasonably pleasant and helpful but getting to the room was like the Crystal Maze, negotiating poorly signed fire doors, staff doors and creaky stairs. The room was very poor (no 59). It smelt from drains and was cold (February). It had two small single beds, each with only a thin quilt, but luckily I found an old spare blanket in the wardrobe which was helpful. The bathroom was very basic and pokey and the shower took a long time to control temperature on the very basic taps, and then leaked all over the floor, despite having properly closed the curtain. Towels were OK. I ordered one drink at the bar in the evening after trying to find a barman at reception, and then had to revisit reception to pay by credit card as this was not possible at the bar. Breakfast was OK but service was atrocious. With only one other table occupied, the two staff in the room enjoyed a pleasant conversation and seemed oblivious to me and 3 times I had to get up to ask for service - once to order breakfast, and twice to get more coffee.
The lady at checkout was OK but identified a bar bill from the night before - which I had already paid for and had a text notification to that effect frfom my bank. However, on checking with her supervisor I was told that this was only an authorisation and payment was required again. By this pooint I had lost the will to live and was happy to leave for the extra price of a pint!
£75 a night - I've stayed in better B and Bs for half the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in Royal Leamington Spa! BEST WESTERN Falstaff Hotel is near the fashionable town of Royal Leamington Spa, with its Georgian and Victorian architecture, tree-lined avenues, squares and glorious gardens. The perfect place to while away a peaceful afternoon! Created in the early 1920s from three Victorian mansions, the hotel has lost none of its character over the years. In fact, its more appealing than ever, with parkland, riverside walks and other beautiful towns and cities to enjoy before returning to the friendly, welcoming atmosphere at the hotel. Warwick Castle and Stratford-upon-Avon are both within easy reach, with something for everyone to enjoy from shopping to Shakespeare! Welcome to Leamington Spa.You name it, we're near it! From clay pigeon shooting and paint balling at the local activity centre to art galleries and National Trust properties, there's plenty to see and do when you stay at this wonderful Warwickshire hotel! Landmarks and getting around: 3 miles from Warwick & Warwick Castle, 1 mile from Royal Pump Rooms, Jephson Gardens, 10 miles from Gaydon Motor Museum & Activity Centre, 7 miles from Charlecote Park (National Trust), 1 mile from The Assembly, Leamington Spa. BEST WESTERN Falstaff Hotel at a glance: well located and well-equipped, our hotel is well worth a visit! 63 hotel rooms, 2 bars, free WiFi, 1 restaurant, 7 meeting and conference facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Falstaff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Leamington Spa
- Leamington Spa Best Western
- Falstaff Hotel Leamington Spa, Warwickshire