“GROUP TRAVEL WEEKEND”
Review of Falstaff Hotel

Falstaff Hotel
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at the Falstaff for the second year running, 56 happy passengers. Hotel clean, staff friendly and helpful. Rooms vary in size, but all adequate with tea & coffee making facilities. The beds were really comfortable and the hotel offers great value for money. Would highly recommend. When you see the negative comments on here, we do wonder what people want for their money. We will hopefully be returning again in 2015.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I booked on line to this distinctly average hotel where I have stayed before. It's a convieient location & within our business budget, but I wish I had paid the extra & gone elsewhere.
When I arrived later in the evening, there was no record of my booking. I had heavy bags, my room number was announced to all within ear shot & I had to climb stairs, only to find my room number didn't exsist! I was told I was lucky when I went back to Reception as they had one last single room! The Reception looks like something out of Fawlty Towers & the service wasn't much better. Breakfast the following day was a non event. Clearly there was a staffing problem as there was one person coping with the Dining Room, except she wasn't coping! No apologies, no place settings & we all had to ask for basics like cutlery, plate etc. Embarassingly bad.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and managers, we have been attending this hotel for the past 3years every week for our meetings for my business, I highly recommend Falstaff for the service, great value, location and fabulous atmosphere. Lunch is delicious when we have our meetings we look forward to dinner. Thank you Falstaff hotel

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Miah89
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Thank you Falstaff for a nice room a good dinner and clean comfortable bedroom. Much better than the premier inn, holiday inn and angel, will be back next week, a really good atmosphere here. Good food and service.

Room Tip: Room 6, very comfortable
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here on 22-24 Feb - lovely location and character but dirty curtains, dreadful service (bar 1 great employee) no housekeeping - no replenishment of towels, toiletries, tea/coffee. Ordered breakfast in room for 2nd day - order not collected, breakfast not delivered until 2 phone calls made as they were "busy"

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Booked this hotel on line, found the place nice and easy, plenty of Car parking space front and rear of the building.
A nice young Friendly Lady on the reception desk took my details and gave directions to my room. I was in a nice double room facing the rear car park, not much of a view, but nice and quiet:)
I had a little walk into Leamingotn Spa, 10-20 minutes, depending on how fast you walk, not too many hills.
Went back to the hotel, had a relaxing bath and a good night sleep.
Overall a nice Hotel, good for work or a relaxing weekend or mid-week break.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor behind the reception area, facing the rear car park. Nice and quiet...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kevin o
Matt T, General Manager at Falstaff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Kevin, Thank you for your review. It was good to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing break at the hotel. Leamington Spa is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the surrounding area and vibrant town centre. I have passed your kind comments to the team here, all of which appreciated reading your review. Thank you once again. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

On the whole, the hotel was great for what we actually paid for it, you genuinely do get what you pay for! The room and bathroom were clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fine, a buffet style with plenty of choice and perfectly edible. You could tell some of the items had been out a while though which is one of the reasons I wouldn't give the hotel 5 stars! The shower in our room was disappointing, I couldn't have washed my hair with it but this wasn't too much of an issue as the bath was good. The room was a little smaller than I expected from the photos but perfect for the time we were spending there. The bed was very comfy but you could hear literally everything from the rooms around ours which wasn't ideal. Within good walking distance to the centre of Leamington Spa and we walked to Warwick castle from the hotel which took just over 30 mins. Overall, a great stay for the price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sophie L

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I will be passing your feedback to the relevant departments where they will be addressed and improvements made where possible. Your comments regarding breakfast are also appreciated. Continued replenishment of items should be taking place. I am sorry that this was not the case in this instance. We do also operate a waiter/waitress served breakfast service, but due the the number of guests expected for breakfast it was not possible on this occasion. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.