This hotel is a little tired and in need of modernisation. It's within easy walking distance of the town itself and the room, though basic and quite small, was clean and quiet. There was ample parking while we were there too so all in all we were expecting to enjoy our stay - until we encountered the staff. Without exception they were surly, miserable and completely hopeless. No welcome greeting, no information about the layout, where the breakfast room was or the bar, or anything else for that matter. It felt as though we were troubling them by turning up. At breakfast we were placed at someone else's table - he'd gone for a refill of orange juice - and then moved to a vacant table that had not been set, so we had to ask for everything, (tea, coffee, salt, cutlery, butter etc.) and although the quality of the food was good, some of it was cold. But not as cold as the attitude of the staff. The couple on the next table had obviously suffered the same treatment and we had a chuckle about it, but it really was appalling. I should point out that we were not in any way demanding, in fact apart from the missing breakfast table items we asked for nothing at all throughout our stay, so there was no reason at all for the staff behaviour. Needless to say we would not dream of returning to this hotel - or any Best Western hotel for that matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in Royal Leamington Spa! BEST WESTERN Falstaff Hotel is near the fashionable town of Royal Leamington Spa, with its Georgian and Victorian architecture, tree-lined avenues, squares and glorious gardens. The perfect place to while away a peaceful afternoon! Created in the early 1920s from three Victorian mansions, the hotel has lost none of its character over the years. In fact, its more appealing than ever, with parkland, riverside walks and other beautiful towns and cities to enjoy before returning to the friendly, welcoming atmosphere at the hotel. Warwick Castle and Stratford-upon-Avon are both within easy reach, with something for everyone to enjoy from shopping to Shakespeare! Welcome to Leamington Spa.You name it, we're near it! From clay pigeon shooting and paint balling at the local activity centre to art galleries and National Trust properties, there's plenty to see and do when you stay at this wonderful Warwickshire hotel! Landmarks and getting around: 3 miles from Warwick & Warwick Castle, 1 mile from Royal Pump Rooms, Jephson Gardens, 10 miles from Gaydon Motor Museum & Activity Centre, 7 miles from Charlecote Park (National Trust), 1 mile from The Assembly, Leamington Spa. BEST WESTERN Falstaff Hotel at a glance: well located and well-equipped, our hotel is well worth a visit! 63 hotel rooms, 2 bars, free WiFi, 1 restaurant, 7 meeting and conference facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Falstaff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Leamington Spa
- Leamington Spa Best Western
- Falstaff Hotel Leamington Spa, Warwickshire