“Lovely Mallory” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Mallory”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

Just back from a really lovely an enjoyable 2 day stay at our favourite Hotel, A lovely building, beautifully situated. Very friendly and efficient staff. Gorgeous food, Luxury good sized bedrooms. Always look forward to our visits at Mallory. Here's to the next time!
MC

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

I booked a room for a Monday night in May. I was due to arrive early evening but realised early on the previous Sunday that I would have to cancel. I emailed the hotel at 9am. I receive a reply that because they had a 48 hour cancellation poilcy that I would be charged the full rate of the room. I was only giving them 33 hours notice. They informed me the hotel was far from full and they had not turned anyone away that could have been sold my room. They refused to make any compromise whatsoever, and took my money for no good reason in my opinion. I was charged the full room rate on my credit card.

Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank gourmettrekker
Midlands UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

We stayed here to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and had a fantastic time. We booked the Ashorne suite as it was a special treat and loved every bit of it. Luxurious doesn't even start to describe it. So it's not cheap but you get every bit of what you pay for. No tea and coffee in the room? Who needs that when you just have to pick up the phone and it's there almost immediately. Huge bed in a huge room, with separate shower room, bathroom, toilet and dressing room / bedroom. Overlooks the gardens and the Warwickshire countryside - bliss. The staff were fantastic; friendly, welcoming, helpful, attentive and remembered our names which made us feel comfortable. Dinner was beyond a single Michelin star. Why the brigade hasn't got a second star is beyond me. We ate the 7 course menu surprise and every mouthful was a delight and the maitre d'hotel selected superb wines for each course. The veal with fois gras was just amazing. I could wax lyrical about every course but suffice it to say I'll be back regularly when I need to eat well. As for all hotels, weddings are an important part of their business and hotel guests do get crowded out a little when there is one on here but that apart, it's a wonderful hotel and I can't find fault with it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

Mallory Court didn't tell us about the wedding when we booked. My understanding is that in a hotel you will have somewhere to sit in the afternoon that isn't your bedroom, and you can be served food (other than breakfast) and that's differentiates it form a guest house or B and B. Now I'm not sure if my definition is correct, but I can tell you for sure that Mallory Court did not fulfill the brief. Fortunately it wasn't raining the day we visited, as we would have been very fed up sat in our small room listening to the busy road outside (as we were banned from the communal parts of the hotel as there was a wedding on). We have stayed in other hotels when weddings have been on, and made welcome, and able to use part of the communal areas. You have been warned!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank n00lab00la
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

Having read the glorious reviews we were looking forward to a relaxing weekend break. Unfortunately the hotel oversold its capacity and we had to compete with a wedding for the resident's lounge which is not what one expects and decided to go elsewhere.
Our room, in the annex, was nicely appointed however the bathroom was tiny. Additionally the room was very warm and noisy with the window open as it's beside the main road.
We ate in the brassiere which was nothing special/ memorable as the restaurant was booked out.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
9 Thank KMS14
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

I stayed at the hotel with friends over the bank holiday weekend.... main thoughts are below:-

BADLY RUN - We arrived around lunchtime saturday afternoon - and were told we couldnt have drinks in the main hotel as there was a wedding on. We were directed to the brassiere - a design throwback to the 1980's in a seperate, new building about 50 yards away - and when we got there we were told we couldnt eat there as there was a hen party there. We had to go to a local pub for drinks and food (the Leopard - v good!).

On the Sunday we checked out and went for a welk. Came back to collect the cars and have a snack befoere driving home. Ordered sandwiches only for the manager to then tell us that as we werent residents we couldnt have them.... this is despite us staying there the night before and spending over £750 there. Note despite this the bar and serving staff were good - helpful and friendly.

FOOD - breakfast was great. Tasty and well presented.

ROOMS - we were in the annexe, and could have been in a Holiday Inn. Bland wuth tiny, tiny bathrooms.

Best recommendation ? stay in a b&b and visit for the food - if they can fit you in....

Room Tip: Dont believe the website and try elsewhere