“Fabulous location for a wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mallory Court Hotel

Mallory Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Birmingham
“Fabulous location for a wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

My partner and I held our Civil Partnership ceremony at Mallory Court in April. We held our ceremony in the main house where the oak pannelled restaurant was transformed beautifully into a cosy and unique setting. The wedding breakfast itself could not be faulted, everything was cooked and presented to perfection. The service and attentiveness of all the team at Mallory Court was superb but special mention must be made of Nathalie (the wedding co-ordinator) who looked after every detail for us and ensured that the day went without a hitch. The one thing that Mallory could not organise for us was the weather which was exceptional!
Our room, or suite was lovely and the little details were very much appreciated. All in all a fantastic location for a wedding.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Annie62_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

my wife and i stayed here for a business visit in leamington spa.we were both so pleased with the quality of the staff, they were all very professional in the way they treated us.the room (upton suite) was first class and the food in the main restaraunt was supurb,all the waiters actually looked as though they were enjoying their job.and the wine waiter was extremely knowledgable,we enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to return for a long weekend and use the hotel for a base to visit stratford,once again we experienced the same consistant good service,we also tried out the brasserie which surpassed our expectations.altogether a top class hotel.if you want cheap and cheerful stay away.if you want a good professional experience make this your number one port of call if you are in the midlands.we will definately visit again this year

Room Tip: the upton suite
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank derekrawlins
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

The main hotel is well up to Relais & Chateau standards and is set is beautiful gardens. The staff (mainly French) are charming and efficient; the food is wonderful. But our annex room was small and plain (though the bed was very comfortable) and suffered from traffic noise. These rooms are priced accordingly so this is not a complaint, but it is well to know what to expect.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bloodhound8
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

Just back from a really lovely an enjoyable 2 day stay at our favourite Hotel, A lovely building, beautifully situated. Very friendly and efficient staff. Gorgeous food, Luxury good sized bedrooms. Always look forward to our visits at Mallory. Here's to the next time!
MC

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

I booked a room for a Monday night in May. I was due to arrive early evening but realised early on the previous Sunday that I would have to cancel. I emailed the hotel at 9am. I receive a reply that because they had a 48 hour cancellation poilcy that I would be charged the full rate of the room. I was only giving them 33 hours notice. They informed me the hotel was far from full and they had not turned anyone away that could have been sold my room. They refused to make any compromise whatsoever, and took my money for no good reason in my opinion. I was charged the full room rate on my credit card.

Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank gourmettrekker
Midlands UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

We stayed here to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and had a fantastic time. We booked the Ashorne suite as it was a special treat and loved every bit of it. Luxurious doesn't even start to describe it. So it's not cheap but you get every bit of what you pay for. No tea and coffee in the room? Who needs that when you just have to pick up the phone and it's there almost immediately. Huge bed in a huge room, with separate shower room, bathroom, toilet and dressing room / bedroom. Overlooks the gardens and the Warwickshire countryside - bliss. The staff were fantastic; friendly, welcoming, helpful, attentive and remembered our names which made us feel comfortable. Dinner was beyond a single Michelin star. Why the brigade hasn't got a second star is beyond me. We ate the 7 course menu surprise and every mouthful was a delight and the maitre d'hotel selected superb wines for each course. The veal with fois gras was just amazing. I could wax lyrical about every course but suffice it to say I'll be back regularly when I need to eat well. As for all hotels, weddings are an important part of their business and hotel guests do get crowded out a little when there is one on here but that apart, it's a wonderful hotel and I can't find fault with it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

Mallory Court didn't tell us about the wedding when we booked. My understanding is that in a hotel you will have somewhere to sit in the afternoon that isn't your bedroom, and you can be served food (other than breakfast) and that's differentiates it form a guest house or B and B. Now I'm not sure if my definition is correct, but I can tell you for sure that Mallory Court did not fulfill the brief. Fortunately it wasn't raining the day we visited, as we would have been very fed up sat in our small room listening to the busy road outside (as we were banned from the communal parts of the hotel as there was a wedding on). We have stayed in other hotels when weddings have been on, and made welcome, and able to use part of the communal areas. You have been warned!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Woodland Grange
Woodland Grange
#4 of 18 in Leamington Spa
Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick
Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwi...
#10 of 18 in Leamington Spa

Been to Mallory Court Hotel? Share your experiences!