“Magical Mallory !”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Leamington Spa
england
“Magical Mallory !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

With family living just a short drive away & no spare rooms (or so we thought !), Malc & I elected to stay at Mallory Court overnight whilst visiting. What a joy, we were warmly welcomed & shown to our room (Chesterton) which was albeit small, was lovely & cosy. Tea & buiscuits arrived promptly & we settled for a couple of hours before going out to meet the family. On return later we had a lovely comfy sleep (I do love crisp white sheets !). Breakfast was a super calm elegant and efficient experience having a delicious full english - but light not heavy with my poached eggs being cooked to perfection !
Not the cheapest overnight stay ever - especially as when we arrived at my sisters house she told me that both girls were staying away at friends that night so actually had 2 double rooms available !! grrrr..... but worth the £217.00 we paid ! Yikes :-)

Room Tip: Our room over reception was a little noisy with people coming & going but this was only during...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Nr. Rugby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

My friend and I visited for afternoon tea for a second time this December. Last time was in the summer when we sat outside and we said then that we would return to take in the atmosphere of the house. The house looked beautiful decorated for christmas as did the room we sat in with its big tree and log burning fire. We arrived at 3 and were brought a winter pims which was delicious (and included in the £19.50 price). Luckily we were cosy by the fire and happily chatting because if was then another hour before we received our tea and another 15 minutes again before we got our sandwiches and cakes. Mallory court does a nice afternoon tea, although not the best I've tasted. The best I've tasted though isn't in such a gorgeous house which is cosy in the winter and has beautiful gardens to look out over in the summer. So yes we have both said we will return again, probably next winter.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is a good Relais and Chateaux hotel EXCEPT for the rooms in the Knights' Suite, the hotel's modern annex. Those rooms are charmless, cheaply built, and depressing. How Relais and Chateau could allow their brand to be put on those rooms, I do not know.

It's a shame because the service is friendly and attentive, and it's an otherwise attractive hotel. We had a private dining room, and the food was lovely.

If we ever stay here again, I'll make sure we get a room in the main house.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Southampton UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

A lovely hotel in a fantastic location. The staff are fantastic. Very helpful. The bedroom we had was a little small but very nicely done. The evening meal we had was nice but the portions were a little small and over priced. Breakfast was very good but again the portions were a little small.

Stayed December 2013
Goole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have been staying in this hotel with my parents (in-laws) for a number of years now. I've been surprised by some of the comments on Trip Advisor, I'm not sure how anyone could find fault with this hotel. We have stayed in the main house and in the Knights suite, both are quite different but are equally pleasant. The staff are incredible! The housekeeping staff are friendly and efficient, all of the staff in the house are polite, professional and most of all, very welcoming. If you enjoy beautiful surroundings and being incredibly well looked after, this hotel is a must. Our thanks to Jo and the team, my in-laws Mr & Mrs Hill have once again had a wonderful weekend. The fact that all of the staff remember who they are each time we arrive is always a big hit with them, makes them feel very special indeed! 5 stars all round

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice. I f you want to pay a little more to go into the main house, they are mor...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Crewe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Booking our stay was an excellent experience. The person I spoke to could not have been more helpful and this set the standard for our expectations.
On arrival, the welcome was efficient and staff were helpful. Our room was delightful, tastefully furnished, with lovely views of the gardens. But why provide only one armchair in a suite for two people? The bathroom was very spacious with a separate bath and shower. The bath was beautifully deep and inviting. Plenty of warm fluffy towels but somewhat stingy with the toiletries, making it difficult to enjoy a luxurious soak in bubbles. The hot water in the shower was a bit hit-and-miss, resulting in two very hasty morning ablutions!
We had booked to eat in the brasserie, but on finding this necessitated a brief stroll across the grounds (not relished on a cold November night) we asked to change to the main dining room. Happily, this was accommodated after checking with restaurant staff.
The choice of menus was good and we might have been tempted to try the tasting menu had one of our party not been a non-drinker. We opted for the fixed price menu, which had a good selection of fish and meat dishes. However, in an effort to be 'different' some of the food combinations seemed a little too odd making it difficult for less adventurous diners. My husband didn't like his starter and didn't want anything else on offer. But in an effort to be helpful, staff were insistent he had a replacement, despite his refusals, and he felt pressurised to eat the alternative that was put before him. Sometimes, the best service is to listen to guests wishes!
The public areas are beautifully decorated and furnished, with plenty of comfortable seating around welcoming log fires. Sadly, the log fire had burnt out when we had finished dinner and returned to the lounge. Although it was late and we were the only guests in the lounge it would have been nice had it been kept alight.
Back in our room housekeeping had replaced our used towels in the bathroom and turned down the bed. We had high hopes for a comfortable night's sleep in the large and comfortable bed. Sadly, this was not to be due to the constant low hum from the hotel's extractor fans located in the walls under our windows. A 5am 'phone call to Reception to ask for them to be turned off resulted in an offer of being moved to another room - in the annexe! A trip out in the cold in our nightwear and slippers was not at all attractive and we elected to put up with it and try harder to get some sleep. We were told that other guests had complained about this and we would be given a discount (which we were) but this was small consolation for a disrupted night's sleep. Quite why the problem hasn't been resolved, given that ours was not the only complaint, is a mystery.
Generally speaking, the service was what one would expect from a Relais & Chateau hotel but I know we won't be returning here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda H
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

my wife and I and a couple of friends stayed for a night last week on a deal through Secret Escapses . I had stayed at the hotel several years ago for a Christmas break so I new that the standard would be high ,also knowing that Mallory Court was a member of the Relais Chateaux group. We arrived at the hotel and our car was valet parked, super! We were shown to our room a lovely room but with a view of the car park ,our friends faired much better with a view of the garden, perhaps I shouldn't complain as we were on a deal, but the car park view is one of my pet hates.
As I mentioned we were on a deal so it came with £25 per head towards a meal in the Brasserie , unfortunately the Brasserie was outside of the very plush part of the hotel in an annex , quite a cold longish walk on the night in question, when we arrived the bar was freezing as the automatic doors kept opening and closing, we were quickly show to our table as the staff could see that we were getting grumpy and cold. The meal and the staff were superb , but I would have much rather have had the choice of eating in the main restaraunt and paying a suplement rather than having to brave the elements , it took the pleasure from the evening for me, the hotel was warm and luxurious but the conservatory restaraunt seemed not to fit at all with the image of the main hotel
When we got to bed there were lots of noisy people coming past our room late at night also I should mention that we were at the top of the stairs,The breakfast was wonderful as I would have expected
I hope this review doesn't sound too critical but the Brasserie bit, spoilt it for me, not in keeping with the main hotel at all, but never the less we had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: get one at the back away from the stairs if possible the annex didn't look too good
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,800 reviews
Episode Hotel
Episode Hotel
#8 of 18 in Leamington Spa

Been to Mallory Court Country House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!