Mallory Court Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Falstaff Hotel(Leamington Spa)
US$64
US$57
Thomas James Hotel(Leamington Spa)
US$82
Episode Hotel(Leamington Spa)
US$90
US$82
  • Breakfast included
The Lansdowne Hotel(Leamington Spa)
US$109
Victoria Park Lodge(Leamington Spa)
US$112
Premier Inn Leamington Spa Town Centre Hotel(Leamington Spa)(Great Value!)
US$106
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Angel Hotel(Leamington Spa)
US$147
All reviewsthe main housemain restaurantfine diningtasting menumichelin starafternoon teaglass of champagnebeautiful hotelturn down servicewedding breakfastcountry housepetit foursa la carte menuspecial occasionspa facilitieson arrivalsandwiches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I visited Mallory Court for Sunday lunch on the 13th July for her birthday.
Good grief -what on earth has happened ? We have previously visited the place on numerous occasions up until about two years ago when it was excellent.
The food was average and the proportions small.
There was hardly anyone there (only three tables) there was NO atmosphere what so ever, the head waiter would have been better suited as an undertaker and the waiter was like a zombie !!
The only spark was the young lady on reception. NEVER AGAIN .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BrianDean2013
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel was fine, the room was fine, the breakfast was reasonable, but.......dinner in the restaurant was a total scam.

There were three set prices, £47.50, £65 and £85, this for a three course meal excluding drinks. I'd normally expect to be able to buy food for several days for £47.50, so even the cheapest option ought to have been something special. I ought to say that I didn't book it, and thankfully I wan't paying the bill.

The starters were miniscule, other than the soup which was good. It was a bad sign - large plates with a tiny amount of food cowering in the middle. Well, OK, they were starters.

For main I had roast lamb with scrag, green beans and mashed potatos. It sounded appetising; all I'd eaten all day was a small baguette for lunch so I was hungry.

It arrived - two slivers of raw lamb an inch across and two inces long. The 'scrag' was two circles of compressed oddments of meant which tased awful. There was a single green bean - I repeat, one green bean. The mashed pototo was a smear wiped on the plate, half an inch across and a couple of inches long. I couldn't eat it, there was nothing to pick up.

I ate the green bean.

So, to sweet. Strawbewrries and cream. A large white dish, with five half strawberries in a creamy substance. Five halves - that's two and a half strawberries. You get more than that at Wimbledon!

How they have the nerve to charge £47.50 for that is beyond me. My brother in law ate from the £65 menu but he didn't get any more food; it's a disgrace, sheer profiteering in the name of fancy cooking. The ingredients for the whole meal can't have cost more than £3...one green bean doesn't cost much, does it?

i was angry, hungry and frustrated after the meal; I've waited until the following morning to write this as I've calmed down a little now.

My advice? Stay there if you must but don't on any account eat in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Yes - stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank PETER S
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Recently spent a most enjoyable couple of hours partaking of afternoon tea, with an obligatory glass of champagne, to celebrate my wife's birthday. Very enjoyable and thoroughly recommended. The food was tasty and beautifully presented, the staff attentive and unobtrusive and, surprisingly, we had the drawing room entirely to ourselves. We felt very privileged - almost like royalty!
No complaints whatsoever. A memorable afternoon. Thank you, Mallory Court. I'm sure we'll return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Really outstanding service from the front of house staff both within the hotel itself and particularly in the Brasserie where the service was genuine and courteous without being overly solicitous and not a hint of arrogance. The food in the Brasserie was imaginative and tasted superb - full of flavour, good portion size, fresh and contemporary without following silly fads or pretentions. The heirloom salad was incredibly tasty, the chicken beautifully cooked and if you have a sweet tooth the nougat glace was something to behold.

The bedroom I was staying in, the newer wing, was clean and satisfactory with a comfortable bed but no air conditioning and a tiny bathroom. I couldn't get the free WiFi to work (but that could have been me).

The staff were very accommodating as our needs changed during the day at a meeting I was running - excellent service.

I would be delighted to stay here again and, moreover, would be prepared to drive a good distance for another meal at the Brasserie.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had the most wonderful stay recently. Staff were exceptional, lovely room in the main house and a fabulous meal in the dining room. We were treated like royalty from the minute we stepped into the hotel until leaving, and were given a lovely birthday treat of a glass of champagne and petit four. The goodie bag on leaving was the icing on the cake. Beautiful gardens to wander round in and a lovely aperitif outside before the evening meal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple