Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick
Thomas James Hotel(Leamington Spa)
US$82
US$91
US$82
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Mallory Court Hotel(Leamington Spa)
US$226
US$212
Agoda.com
Great 4.5/5
The Lansdowne Hotel(Leamington Spa)
US$110
Very Good 4/5
Victoria Park Lodge(Leamington Spa)
US$112
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Leamington Spa Town Centre Hotel(Leamington Spa)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$147
Woodland Grange(Leamington Spa)
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
All reviewswarwick castlehotel is situatedplenty of parkingpleasant staffcomfortable roomstayed here for one nighttown centretea and coffeebreakfast was excellentsaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Arriving late March in unimaginably bad weather. . 5 adults with 41 teenagers bound for Stratford-on-Avon. Unsure what to expect, our students and we were delighted with the standard of all our rooms. Over our 2 day stay we had 1 really lovely evening meal; far more choice than I expected for a 46-strong group. Quality was so good. Our 2 breakfasts were superb, really well presented buffet which impressed all of us. In addition, we found all the staff, restaurant and reception most cheerful, helpful and professional. They dealt very well with a variety of guests; I thought it a good plan to allocate our group a separate function room for our dinner; thoughtful of other guests. Our students behaved very well and were appreciative of being treated as responsible young people. A memorable visit to a lovely part of England and a very good Hotel. Thank you

Room Tip: I always ask, on a personal/family trip to be placed away from any function area. On this trip our group had rooms at all levels of hotel. I heard no comlaints
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
HOTELMANAGERWARLS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We were very pleased to accommodate your party and were very impressed with the model behaviour from your students. We are delighted that you enjoyed the food during your stay and that we were able too welcome you in such shocking weather. We do hope you will viasit us again should the occasion arise.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I stayed here for two night a couple of weeks ago as it was fairly close to the Warwickshire Exhibition Centre at The Fosse, 10 minutes drive. Friendly reception, clean rooms with an air conditioning system that worked.
Bar and restaurant area were pleasant and one could enjoy a relaxing drink after the meal. Restaurant food and service was good.
I will use this hotel again for other exhibitions in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the car park are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review of Holiday Inn Leamington Spa. I am delighted that you found us so near to your location and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel is in a business park 1 mile outside of Leamington spa centre. I have stayed at this hotel on and off for over a year
What's good about it is that it's close to where I have to work when I stay there, there's free parking an there's a retail park nearby (sainsbury, plc world, Argos, frankie & bennies, KFC and McDonalds)
You'll need to travel out of the hotel to eat if you're on a budget. For example, a glass of wine in the bar costs more than a bottle of the same just down the road, you could pick up your evenings supplies when you get your morning paper because the hotel won't supply anything other than "I".
Most of the local takeaways deliver to the hotel, as long as you spend £15+, and reception can recommend.
Rooms are not that warm, but the recently installed aircon helps a bit, as long as you are not in a room with more than one outside wall.
Hot water can be in short supply in the mornings, I understand that the hot water system is currently being replaced.
Parking is easy, but there are no pedestrian walkways from car park to hotel, and taxis frequently park in front of the main doors making access tricky with luggage and dangerous in any case.
But you'll need a taxi or a car to get anywhere from this hotel, it's 2 miles from Warwick and just over 1 mile from Leamington spa although the walk to either is quite pleasant in daylight and doable but a bit scary at night.
The gym in the hotel is 3 machines- treadmill, stairs and rower, plus a set of weights, but not enough room to use all at the same time. A much better bet is the local Nuffield gym that does a cheap rate for hotel residents. The Nuffield gym is stunning with exercise classes and pool included in the price.
Breakfast is excellent at this hotel, with friendly and attentive staff. There's fruit, cereals, cake, self service full English plus some a la carte options. Cost is £15 if you are on room only, or £10 if you buy a voucher at reception in advance.
All in all this hotel is ok if you have to stay there but there are much better options nearby for a better rate, eg Stratford holiday inn, which is actually in the town centre rather than a mile away.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are next to the lifts, so can be noisy. Rooms with more than 1 outside wall are cold in Winter Rooms facing the road can be noisy (traffic noise), but there's an excellent view over the fields to Warwick Castle!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
HOTELMANAGERWARLS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Leamington Spa. We value your custom and your feedback and hope that we shall continue to have the pleasure of accommodating you. For your future convenience, I am delighted to let you know that since the beginning of March, we have been able to extend our choice of newspapers and can now offer the "I", The Times, The Mail and The Telegraph, so I do hope that you will like one of these extra options. I also just wanted to let you know that you can have an executive room that is away from the lifts - it is just the two suite type executive rooms that are adjacent to the lifts, so if you would prefer a smaller one in a quieter location, we will be happy to provide this for you. I am delighted to hear that you enjoy your breakfast with us - I believe that as you say we offer an exellent selection and if a guest prefers not to purchase the £10 voucher, the walk in price is actually less than £15, at £13.95. You are quite right in saying that our hot water system is currently in the process of being replaced and I am also pleased to say that additional work is being done in respect of the heating system, but in the meantime, I would be more than happy to discuss any issues you may have, so please do feel free to ask for me via Reception.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I checked into this Hotel when my usual hotel of choice was fully booked. I found the lobby and restaurant very outdated. Room was of a good standard but smelt more like a hospital and was very cold. I did not enjoy staying at this property as there was no hospitality heart beat and no personality.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HospitalityQ
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear HospitalityQ,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. I am very sorry you were so unhappy with your recent stay at our hotel and offer my sincere apologies for the poor service and conditions you experienced, which are certainly not up to our usual standards. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed here with a group of people. The reception area and dining area were nice and clean. The food was OK, but nothing exceptional.
The room on the 2nd floor smelled stale when we opened the door, as if someone had been smoking in the room. The decor was tired and in need of freshening up. Scuff marks everywhere on the walls. The bathroom was clean, but rust around the shower taps didn't look nice.
The towels were clean, as was the bedding, (apart from finding hair on the top bed cover), but again, didn't smell fresh. The carpet had some marks and stains on it . the hair drier didn't work. All in all, not a wonderful experience. We stayed here as part of a mothers day treat, but wouldn't stay again, and wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank SlimmaJ10
HOTELMANAGERWARLS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry to hear that you felt your room needed freshening up, especially as our room refurbishment was only finished towards the end of last year.