“Unimpressed”

Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I visited this hotel for one night as part of a business trip.

I arrived to a very dark car park which didn't fill me with much confidence about the safety of my vehicle. The hotel is located in a business estate.

I had lots of equipment with me which had to be taken in to the hotel as I didn't want to leave in my car. There was no porters trolly available and I wasn't offered any help by staff - resulting in 4 trips to and from the car up to my room on the 3rd floor, which was possibly the furthest away from the lift possible.

Wanting to work in my room, I ordered room service. About 8.30pm.

By 9.50 no food had arrived so I phoned the restaurant to be told a coach party had arrived as I placed my order and my order had been 'misplaced'. The kitchen had closed and no food was available. Was offered a free drink by way of apology. Very poor. Thankfully there was a McDonalds around the corner.

I made sure I got to breakfast very early before the coach party surfaced.

Wouldn't return here as expensive for what I received and poor service.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank LincolnAndrew
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear tripadvisor,

Thank you for the feedback. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We don't want any guest inconvenienced and rest assured that your comments will be used for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Neat little place if you have work around Leamington Spa. Easy to access with a mall nearby. A tad overpriced for the facilities offered by comparable places. Nice restaurant for a quick dinner. Pleasant staff. Room space gets cramped very easily.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Sreenivasa
HOTELMANAGERWARLS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Leamington Spa. I am delighted that we were able to meet your requirements and hope that we shall have the pleasure of accommodating you again, the next time you are in the area

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed there on a coach tour, and it was fantastic.
The place was excellent rooms were great, food great, friendly and helpful staff.
It cannot be faulted, very highly recommended.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review of Holiday Inn Leamington Spa - I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Weekend away with family as base for Stratford upon Avon and Cadburys World.

On arrival, efficient but not particularly personable greeting from the staff. Location is close to motorway, but that's about as good as it gets, on industrial estate and building looked generally shoddy. Empty when we arrived but after our day trip to Stratford the place was "taken over" by a coach load of OAP's, and as a result seating was non existent for all present.
Think the bar lady was over run and could not cope with the influx of guests so the fact we could not find a seat we retired to our room after just one drink.
Didn't bother paying the extortionate £10 a head breakfast, and just as well, as this looked total chaos when we came down in the morning too.
Double room on the small side and lighting poor, so quite glad we only stayed the one night. Definitely not worth the £100+ charge rate, many more local B&B's looked much more inviting

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank brooko123
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear brooko123,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to note that you found our hotel location to be convenient. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It is my regret that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the staff services, quality and value of your room. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Very average hotel, ok if your company picking up the bill, I thought expensive, 130 quid a night including breakfast but not even free wifi!! Asked for password and was told yes but will cost you £15 a day!! What??!!!! Wanted little jug of milk in room for coffee and they even wanted to charge for that!!!!! Evening meals were ok but again a bit on the expensive side!!! Stay in a premier inn!!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HOTELMANAGERWARLS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry that you found us expensive and that you were charged for your milk - we do not normally make a charge for such items and I have addressed this with the staff.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed one night on a business trip. The location is not great as it's in the middle of an industrial estate. I had a refurbished room which was very clean. The evening meal was terrible and as a result I sent it back. It appeared that the kitchen was having a bad night as the table next to me sent their meal back as well. The breakfast and mid day buffet was better the next day. Would not stop again due to location and expensive poor quality evening meals.

Stayed: October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Foss i,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We are truly sorry for the shortcomings you experienced and regret you found the food served during your stay, less than satisfactory. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve the quality and service we offer.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have stayed here for a few years but have now moved on, the reasons, well there was being shouted across the lobby that I had not paid, despite leaving a card swipe, highly embarrassing.

Then there is the cleaning staff just knocking and walking straight it.

Room service is not always available.

The rooms are fine, nothing fantastic but fine.

It is dog friendly though, very dog friendly actually.

I saw one member of staff that was outstanding at service with a disabled customer, if they were all like him it would be a great place to stay.

I complained twice to head office about my issues on two separate occasions, I was offered a free stay, which I turned down, I just want them to be better than they are, they can be and should be better. The complaint was treated seriously though.

I now stay at the Holiday Inn Express up the road which has great service, how they can be so different is a mystery.

Room Tip: If you stay downstairs then it gets a little noisy at the weekends, I get the impression that those...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Darren I,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience and concerns. We work diligently to ensure our services are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our apologies for your less than satisfactory stay. We appreciate you bringing this critical feedback to our attention and trust that we will address the issues and assure you that proper measures will be taken. We do hope when business or pleasure brings you back to the area, you will allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Zelyn N