“Absolutely disgusting”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Semington, United Kingdom
“Absolutely disgusting”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Booked a suite and and checked in, however the bed had been slept in the room had not been cleaned and the tea and coffee services were gone. We complained and got a room change to a suite that had definitely had been "cleaned" however there were used female sanitary products in the bathroom bin which made me wonder what else had been overlooked.

the Management were on top of the complaints but housekeeping seemed non existent, no free WiFi and the bar is an absolute rip off.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Wilma O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Raynard2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Please accept my apologies for this as this is completely unacceptable. I have contacted you privately to discuss this matter further.

Wilma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

£110 for their cheapest room. No wifi included. Asked at check in if wifi was included and the receptionist smiled and said yes. It costs around £25 for 24 hours wifi here.

The whole place needs a refurbishment: getting tatty.

Happened to pull out the bathroom plug and it had loads of hair stuck to it: gross.

Cheap mattress, quite hard. Hard pillows. Bedsheets were a bit rough.

Was asked at check in if I wanted a wake up call. I said, yes please, 6am. The next morning I got my wake up call at 7:27. Good thing I set my phone's alarm!

Breakfast was a rip off at £10 for a buffet that was far inferior to a Wetherspoons breakfast for £3. Pastries were stale. Coffee was just about undrinkable. Sausages were greasy. Did not get asked if I wanted to order from the menu, if I wanted more coffee or how my meal was during my 30 minute breakfast.

Price is astronomical for what it is. Have had much better stays at Premier Inn for much lower cost.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Chris T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at the Hotel. I am sorry to read that you prefer the budget style of Hotel rather than the Holiday Inn. Wi Fi is free for all of our Rewards members. This is free to join and once you have joined which is instant you will receive many benefits one of which is complimentary wi fi. I am sorry if on this occasion this was not explained to you.

I have read the rest of your comments with great interest. Please be assured that I have addressed your comments regarding the plug with the housekeeping team.

We are a hotel, and we do provide more of a choice at breakfast than a local public house hence the difference in price. We also provide in our bedrooms two hard pillows and two soft pillows both of which are clearly branded. This enables our guests to choose the correct pillow for them.

If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me direct at the Hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Leamington Spa hotels

Cheshire UK
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I don't write reviews that often on this hotel despite staying here very regularly - guess thats just because I have grown to expect good service and a warm welcome.

This stay I have to say a big thanks to Penny who is fast becoming more of a friend than a member of staff. She goes well over and beyond expectations including knowing that there are times when a leisurely breakfast is off the menu but carbs are needed so waits with a grab bag at the ready and a big smile (despite having being on duty at stupid o'clock the night before) rushing to the car to bring us some water bottles was so thoughtful - lets face it most people would not bother

Also would like to mention Connor who stayed beyond his hours to make sure we had the bar service we all wanted - again this is the ethos of service this hotel provides.

Looking forward to seeing you all again next week and thanks for making a hotel feel like home

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Nelskii

All too often people are quick to criticise rather than congratulate our team. It warms me to read that two of my team have made such an impression on you and your stay.

The Hotel strives to provide good customer service and all of my team give 100%.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Just spent 2 nights with my husband to celebrate my 60th birthday .. Ideal location for golf and Cheltenham races, food was excellent and staff so helpful and friendly, thank you Penny for your excellent customer service..an asset to the hotel

• Stayed March 2014
HOTELMANAGERWARLS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear valmurray77

Thank you very much indeed for your review of Holiday Inn Leamngton Spa. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly pleased to receive your kind comments about the staff, in particular Penny, who provide dyou with such good service. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near futur.
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Me my partner and little boy stayed here for a 2 night stay, we had a leak in our room in the middle of the night, the staff were fantastic they upgraded us to a better room right away and couldn't be more apologetic, they even gave us complimentary breakfast the next day for the Inconvenience, we also had room service the following evening and the food was nice and we didn't have to wait too long for it, but again the staff were excellent , Penny served us and she was so accommodating, she was so welcoming and friendly and informed us of the childrens menu and recommended something for our little boy who is a fussy eater. Overall I would definatly say the staff make this place , although the hotel is quite basic it is clean and welcoming and I would definatly stay here again x

• Stayed February 2014
Dear SMJ1984

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of Holiday Inn Leamington Spa and to let us know about the great staff. I am so sorry that you had the inconvenience of a leak, but dleighted that the team handled the situation well in order to minimise the inconvenience. Thank, especially for the kind comments regarding Penny - it is always great to know that the efforts of staff do not go unnoticed. We do hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.
Dumfries
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We arrived at the hotel in mid afternoon after spending some time in the centre. The hotel is situated about 3 miles out of the centre of town and within Tachbrook Park. There is ample parking available by the hotel. We found the staff on reception to be most welcoming and soon we checked into our room on the second floor. The room was well furnished throughout and had mini-bar with complimentary water and a safe. The room was unfortunately directly next to the lift and on any further visit would ask for a room away from any lift noise. We had booked a D.B&B package and quite enjoyed our evening meal in the hotel Spa`s restaurant although did find the restaurant to be quite cool. Breakfast service was extremely well organised with extremely welcoming and helpful staff. Ami or Ani ( apologies if got the name wrong) was extremely helpful on reception when checking out and a credit to the hotel.
All the staff we came into contact with we found to be friendly and helpful and made our stay an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from lift to avoid disturbance.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank legend14
HOTELMANAGERWARLS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear legend14

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us and for you kind comments about the staff and in particular the Receptionist who was so helpful on check out. I am sorry you found the restaurant a little chilly and I have passed on this comment to the restaurant staff for their attention. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel with my wife and I really did enjoy my time. Since the moment I entered the hotel, the receptionist was so enthusiastic about what she was doing and she just made my day happier after a 6 hours trip. When I went in the restaurant at dinner time I wasn't sure what I really wanted to eat but thanks to the young lad Adrian I made the best choice and I really enjoyed my dinner with my wife. I also wanted to congratulate the chef (big strong man with short hair) for his freshly made duck spring rolls that were so nice and full of flavour. Thank you to all the staff for making my stay so enjoyable! For sure when I will have the chance I will come back again!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JerwinGM
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and especially for mentioning the great service received from several of our members of staff. I shall take great pleasure in recognising each of them for helping to make your experienice so good. We will look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leamington Spa
Episode Hotel
Episode Hotel
#8 of 16 in Leamington Spa
Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon

Been to Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick? Share your experiences!