“lovely place and friendly welcoming people”

Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Reviewed 22 July 2009

my husband and i stayed here for the weekend as it was our Pearl Wedding Anniversary,we requested an up grade and a quite room. The hotel kindly gave us our request and this certainly made our weekend. We had a lovely meal on Friday evening and breakfast was also good, we just found that the staff was a little slow at topping things up, and we never got what we really wanted. This maybe due to having breakfast later, breakfast ran from 7.30 - 11.00am. We ate at 9.30, but once again it was in a nice setting. Touring from this hotel was easy. Lemming Town Center was lovely plenty of shops. Stratford upon Avon was magical, we took a lovely boat trip and walked around all the sights. you will not be disappointed here and thanks to the staff again for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2009

The accommodation was clean, modern and pleasant. The staff were curteous and ready to please. Plenty of car parking space. The provision of an executive bedroom and separate dining area were extremely nice touches as this visit was to celebrate a special birthday occasion. Our eating experience at the hotel was satisfactory. I would happily use this hotel again!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2009

We stayed in this hotel in June, having stayed in many Holiday Inns throughout the country we know they are of a good standard, but the staff at the Leamington Spa Holiday Inn proved to be outstanding. The Receptionist was the most genuinely pleasant person we have ever come across, the restaurant and bar staff were very friendly , helpful and efficient in short "nothing was too much trouble" and the phrase going the extra mile seems to spring to mind. We will return to this hotel in the near future and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2009

I organised a family reunion at the Holiday Inn at Leamington Spa for a weekend in May and the staff and hotel could not have been more helpful, attentive and professional.
I had originally booked 9 rooms ( on a brilliant Spring Saver rate) and as my family reunion grew, I increase the rooms to 16 and 42 of us had a three course meal in their private function room ( at no extra cost). the room was decorated beautifully for us and the food was hot and delicious.
Breakfast the next morning was good, check out easy and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
I could recommend this hotel as a great venue for well priced break, although the location is a little out of the way, it was perfect for our weekend and food, accommodation and staff were all fab.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Every year since 2001, I have used the Holiday Inn Leamington Spa as a base for people attending an annual truck show held at nearby Gaydon. As the organiser of the show, I regularly reserve in excess of 30 rooms (a mix of singles, twins and doubles) for 1, 2 and 3 nights and I can honestly say that in the 9 years I've been running the show, I have NEVER been refused a room. I have also had to book peolpe in at the very last minute and again, there has always been a room available.
I have nothing but praise for Angela Dixon and her team, who have always been kind, courteous and friendly to all of us, even when we decend on mass to book in, there is always a smiling face to greet us!
The hotel itself has always been clean and the rooms very comfortable.
Because we need to arrive at the truck show venue early in the mornings, the kitchen staff now know our requirements (from past years) and put out the lovely breakfast for us before the restaurant is officially open. That is a nice jesture which we all appreciate very much.
It is always a pleasure to stay at the hotel, which meets all of our needs and is perfectly located for our show which has just concluded (last weekend). Already I am receiving very positive comments for people regarding the hotel.
Knowing that the hotel is so good makes my job as organiser so much easier.
Once again thanks Angela and all of your team!

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 11 June 2009

this hotel looks like its on an economy drive with staff trained in the 70's. my room was also looking pretty tired. The worst thing was the breakfast:
It is a buffet breakfast, help yourself, but everything is the cheapest quality. There were two sulky staff pretending to be busy. They were not clearing tables or topping up the buffet, hence no food and nowhere to sit! There were three people queing to be shown to the table, the waitress came out of the kitchen, shook her head and went straight back in! It was straight out of faulty towers.
Stop at the HIExpress at Warwick its cheaper, newer and the staff at least care.
When I checked out, the reception staff just seemed to want to get rid of people as soon as possible. Noobody asked if I enjoyed my stay or if there were any issues. I had the survey pushed under my door but why tick boxes when you have staff who can sort things out?

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2009

Stayed at this hotel for four nights while on business. As the other reviews state, this is your typical 3 star Holiday Inn, i.e, nothing fancy). Check in was quick and the room was small but clean. I had trouble with the Internet access and the front staff is not the people you want to ask for help with internet access issues. By the way, internet access is GBP 6,00 for just one hour and they charge 1.50 for any call (even toll free). If you are a tourist, stay in nearby Stratford Upon which is a lot more tourist friendly, as this hotel in located in an industrial park and not near a downtown location.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Mallory Court Hotel
Mallory Court Hotel
#2 of 16 in Leamington Spa
Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon

Been to Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick? Share your experiences!