“Afternoon Tea”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My friend bought me a Gift Experience and I chose this place as the reviews on the Gift Experience website were good. However me and my friend were utterly disappointed! We arrived and were not greeted and had to wait. Once I told the receptionist that there is nobody to serve us she sat us down in a cold empty room and we were then brought our tea. Now, the reviews on the site were good because they stated that staff kept coming and filling the tiers up- this did not happen! In fact, in our entire stay of around 2 hours not one member of staff came by and asked us if we were alright! Our tea pots were not filled and when we left there was nobody to say goodbye to. The sandwiches were really tiny and the cake slice with the grape on top was very dry. We left feeling deeply unsatisfied.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank MoKay2013
sandra_sitoianu, General Manager at Episode Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear MoKay,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and first of all please accept my apologies about the service you received on the day. If you could please contact me directly at the hotel, I would like to discuss this further with you and invite you to return to Episode for a complimentary afternoon tea. My email address is Sandra@episodehotels.co.uk or tel. 01926883777.

Sandra Sitoianu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

The room was a good size but decor was tired and bed only average, still given the price that's ok. Staff were very friendly too especially the night porter manning the bar at 1am. What was not ok or remotely acceptable was the lack of soundproofing in the room, granted there was a noisy group somewhere but there phones ringing audible through the walls, doors shutting etc. The one thing you really want in a hotel so often seems to be lacking which is a quiet room, why is this so hard to achieve? This is an older building which probably makes it hard to soundproof but it was really let down because of this and I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank chillichops
Dear Chillichops,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and please accept my apologies with regards to the noise levels you experienced during your stay, pit's a shame you did not notify us at the time, as we would have gladly rectified the issue for you.
We hope this will not deter you from using our hotel again, thank you once again for taking the time to submit your feedback, your comments have been duly noted and will be addressed.

Sheffield
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have stayed with colleagues at the Episode many times before and always been pleased with the hotel however on this occasion I cannot, hand on heart, say my stay was pleasurable at all. I was awoken at 4am by the sound of moving furniture and this went on for over an hour, by which time I was wide awake. My colleague was also woken up by this and asked them to stop however it appears they were moving the function room around. Whilst I appreciate it is Christmas and the function room will be in demand, why oh why did it need to be done at 4am. Paying for a hotel room was a waste of time. I didn't complain as the mood I was in I was likely to wake those guests that had managed to sleep through the noise so I just got up, dressed and left the hotel whilst it was still dark. I don't think I will be using this hotel again, which is a shame, but I can't risk a sleepless night when I need to be alert for work.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Fiona G
sandra_sitoianu, General Manager at Episode Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Fiona,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and please accept my apologies with regards to the noise created by the night porter during the night. Please rest assured this has now been addressed and will not occur again in the future. We take all feedback very seriously and once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience created. We hope to be able to welcome you again to Episode in the near future!

Travellers are raving about these Leamington Spa hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I've just spent a wonderful night at Episodes Hotel in Leamington. It's our 2nd visit, and was just as lovely as the last time. It's location is great, just 5 minutes walk from the town centre.
The room was one of their 'standard' doubles, rather than the 'superior' that are also on offer. It was on the ground floor, and was warm, quiet, comfortable and clean. You can't ask for much more than that! It had plenty of room, a comfy bed and nice sized bathroom.
We didnt eat dinner in teh hotel, but the restaurant was very busy and it smelt great! We actually ate at Bistro Pierre in Leamington town which was very nice. The breakfast at Episode Hotel was really nice, and included in the very reasonable room price. I paid £76 via bookings.com. A full cooked breakfast with plenty of toast, cereal, croissants, and served with a smile. There is also free parking at the hotel, and they let us leave our car in the car park all day after we had checked out, so that we could spend teh day shopping. All of the staff were polite, attentive and smiley. A really relaxing and welcoming hotel. We will definitely be going back to this hotel. It's perfect for a little get away, and Leamington is great for shopping, restaurants and bars.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew T
sandra_sitoianu, General Manager at Episode Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback, thank you for the kind comments, I will pass them on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hampshire
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on 22 November 2013 with friends. The room was very good with nice furnishings and a comfortable bed. There was plenty of drawer space and wardrobe space too. The bathroom had a bath and shower and came with complimentary toiletries. You were also supplied with tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the room with biscuits and bottled water too. There was plenty of room and you were not disturbed by noise from the street. Breakfast was included in the price with a choice of cereals, yogurt, croissants, full English, tea, coffee and juices.
We were a short walk from the town centre and there was parking at the hotel with no charge. The staff were very helpful and polite. We had a great time and will definitely be staying here again. I would recommend this hotel, the location is ideal and they offer good value and service.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T-bagsHants
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found all facilities adequate. We look forward to welcoming you to Episode again soon in the near future!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Was given a gift voucher for 'Afternoon Tea & Scones for 2' at Episode Hotel. Staff were friendly and took us into Dining Room. Husband doesn't drink tea so asked for coffee which was not a problem. Tea was brought in a teapot, and coffee came in a cup but we were told we could ask for as many refills as we liked. The food was brought out on a 3 tier stand and looked very pretty. The bottom tray held 2 rounds of sandwiches cut into 8 squares, 2 each of ham, smoked salmon, egg, and cheese and cucumber . The next tier held a piece of carrot cake, chocolate cake and a biscuit each. The top tier held four tiny scones, 2 pieces of a dense chocolate sweet, and a large square of another sweet with a lit candle on it as I had mentioned that it was my husband's birthday. There was also a pot of jam and a pot of cream. We enjoyed the sandwiches, and the carrot and chocolate cakes which were very moist. The most disappointing item was the scones, which were tiny, flat, and had a very dry, dense texture - not quite what I was expecting. Tea could have been improved by removing crusts from the sandwiches and cutting into triangles rather than squares. Also a tea cosy for the pot would have kept the tea hot. Overall, staff were attentive without being intrusive and the tea was good value and filling. The birthday candle was a nice touch.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
sandra_sitoianu, General Manager at Episode Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, we have acknowledged the improvements you have suggested and will address the issues you brought up, so once again thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you to Episode again soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We decided to try Episode based on a flyer we received throught the post - and we were not disappointed. Loved the 'steak night' concept - you just choose whatever steak you want and get a bottle of wine as well included in the deal. We had sirloin and rump - both delicious. No dessert but we were both full anyway (my husband is a big eater and he had plenty to eat). Great atmosphere, great food, great wine. We will definately return.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Podolski,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your dining experience and look forward to welcoming you again soon!