“Sunday Lunch”
Review of Episode Hotel

Episode Hotel
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Had Sunday Lunch at The Epiode hotel for a family birthday today, service was excellent as was the food! Starters came quickly as did the main, piping hot with lovely fresh vegetables. We had the Beef and Pork, meat was well cooked and plentiful! Starters were Prawn cocktail and a rocket bacon, black pudding and egg salad! Didn't have room for the pudding.
Would recommend as a lovely setting for Lunch and great value!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had been given a two night stay in a hotel as a gift and chose this hotel because it was near to a number of NT places as well as Gaydon Motor Museum. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. It was good to see a hotel with lots of original features and some stunning modern chandeliers. The staff were helpful and the hotel is very near to shops and restaurants.We had the surf and turf meal on our second night which was good. My only complaint at breakfast would be that the teapots were not good pourers and the tea needed to be hotter

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Booked 2 night mid week break with Wowcher! at this hotel and very pleased I did. Excellent room with ever so comfortable huge bed. Restaurant meal was very good as were breakfasts. Located very close to town centre very easy walking distance. Staff very friendly and efficient, absolutely recommend this hotel if you fancy a break in Warwickshire, main tourist attractions are so close.

Room Tip: East facing room so early morning sunshine ( well just the one day) due to mist!! Room 14.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The only good things I have to say about this hotel is the shower was hot and powerful and it was easy to check out (escape from!). From the confusion over extra charges at check in to the very hard lumpy bed (twin beds badly joined), to the random plugs that didn't all work, the tv remote that only worked if you were no more than two foot from the tv, the two flattest pillows I've ever seen, the lack of towels, the musty walls/carpet/low sloping ceiling, the single glazed window to the noisy street below. Possibly one of the worst nights I have ever spent. The unbearable heat of the room combined with the above meant we couldn't wait to leave in the morning-especially after the chambermaid walked into our room whilst we still in bed without knocking or announcing herself in any way and then didn't even apologise!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pse42
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Had a a very nice Sunday lunch , which was a groupon deal. The food was very nice, the waiter very pleasant. However, when the bill arrived I was surprised to see nearly a £6 descrehenary service charge. Considering there was only two of us I felt this a bit cheeky! I always tip well, but i do like it to be left to my descretion. Had there been six or more I could of understood it. I am afraid it left a bad taste, I will not be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have to say, having lived in Leamington for a few years I do concede that its hotels are not really renowned for their excellence. The word 'dated' very often springs to mind and I would argue that Episode is no exception. Stayed here for one night, friendly staff but the cleanliness level was poor! The little things were just ignored; a bath plug that was broken, how often does it really take to fix that? The walls near the window had brown stains, the curtains looked as if they hadn't been cleaned for a very long time as did the floor and the bed was the most uncomfortable one I have slept on in a while (and I've slept on many a floor in my student days). I would say that other rooms may be nicer and we might have had a bad draw.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JPExplorer
Reviewed 20 February 2014

To be honest I was not expecting this hotel to be that great but I was very pleasantly surprised. Booked to stay in a twin room with a friend but there was some kind of mix up with the booking and we were given a room each - result! Sorted out pretty promptly. I think the price was pretty average but you get more for your money. The room was nice and clean with good facilities, the staff helpful and the decor tasteful and modern. Much more character than some of the 'chain' hotels and not much of a price difference. The location very good. Breakfast nice with a good choice. The only very minor criticism is the staff could do with being a bit quicker at breakfast when it came to clearing away but other than that I'd stay here again no question.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
sandra_sitoianu, General Manager at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future! Thnak you for your kind suggestions, we will mke sure they are addressed immediately!

Kind regards,