“Clean and close to town”

The Lansdowne Hotel
The Lansdowne Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
wolverhampton
“Clean and close to town”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Would definitely chose Lansdowne again. Clean, comfortable and near to the town. Car park small but we got a space. Breakfast was fine, choice of cereals, full cooked breakfast and saw other guests with different breakfasts.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jayne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sutton Coldfield
Reviewed 28 April 2012

As a regular business traveller I stay in many hotels throughout the UK and overseas. I read the reviews on Tripadvisor and almost didn't stay here. However, I decided to take a chance as I needed a central location and I'm glad I did. The decor may be a little "chintzy" but the hotel is clean and quiet. I'm accustomed to having to pay for my room when arriving at a hotel so that wasn't a problem. I was met by a friendly manager and showed to a cosy room . I was able to park off road or given the opportunity to park for free on the street. I had a good nights sleep and was served an excellent breakfast in the morning. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: I travelled with my partner and stayed in a double room #10. It was quite cosy for two but was spotl...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night - the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, really nice shower and a comfortable bed with extra pillows. We were in a room on the main road, and as the road wasn't very busy over night, it was fine, but from about 7.30 I could hear the occasional car (but I am a very light sleeper!) - nothing too disturbing, but just something to note for those who are also light sleepers. Breakfast was very nice as well. The car park is small, but sufficient as well. If we're ever in Leamington again, we'll be back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Rugby
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Good value, straightforward hotel. Helpful staff. Good breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I was only in Leamington Spa for one day to visit Warwick University, and Lansdowne Hotel was comfortable enough for my short stay. I was still suffering from jet lag, having come from Hong Kong, and based on previous reviews, asked for a room away from the roads (the hotel is at a corner). Thankfully, they obliged and I had a good night's rest. I do, however, think the bed is very soft. If you have a sensitive back, you may want to request a firmer bed.

Lansdowne is in a good location. It was an easy pleasant walk from the train station, and just a couple of blocks to the main shopping strip.

Both the room and bathroom were clean and very spacious. They use energy saving bulbs (good on them) so it does take a little while before it's bright enough to read. It was very cold and I really appreciated the extra electric heater that was in the room. Breakfast was simple but adequate and well cooked.

Sean at the front desk was super kind. He gave me helpful instructions about buses to Warwick and recommended Seasons Restaurant (practically across the road from the hotel) for dinner. It was great.

Another big plus for me was the high speed wi-fi at no extra charge. I was travelling by train so it was helpful to be able to check schedules and make bookings online without having to use my overseas mobile.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank fourfivesix
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Stayed in the Lansdowne Hotel on Saturday 3 December 2011. Its very handy for the town centre, being within just a few minutes walk of The Parade and many restaurants and pubs. The hotel is clean. Our room was of average size and reasonable decoration. The radiator needed bleeding, but there was an extra electric heater if required. Tea and coffee were provided in the room. The bathroom only had a shower, but there was plenty of hot water. The lighting in the bathroom and bedroom was poor - it made it difficult to see to put make up on. They could also really do with a shower screen in the bathroom - shower curtains just don't stop the water running on the floor! The bed was VERY soft, but the linen was clean. Breakfast was only served between 8.30 and 9.30 am. The waitress was extremely attentive. As with other reviewers, we experienced the 1 measly sausage routine, barely cooked bacon, a small spoonful of baked beans, a few mushrooms and a quarter of a tomato. There were however 2 nicely fried eggs, but only 3 slices of poor quality bread toasted. Whilst I am sure there would have been more available if we had asked, I really do think for the prices being charged that a much better standard of breakfast could have been provided. I have stayed in better hotels in Leamington and won't be using the Lansdowne again.

Room Tip: Go to the Angel!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank shanleymsgs2016
Maynooth, Ireland
Reviewed 30 September 2011

This Hotel/B&B was an ideal location for our 2 night trip to Royal Leamington Spa to see a concert. It is very clean and friendly and though they only offer bed and breakfast it was very good. It is located in a quiet street but near enough to shops and nightlife.

It is within an easy walk, 5/10 minutes, of shops around the centre of the town and a beautiful park. It is small and very family friendly. The Lansdowne has small rooms and you get a TV and there was tea and coffee making facilities and the bathroom was adequate but you would need to bring your own shower gel.

The breakfast, I liked it.
There was a good range of cereal, fruit juice tea and coffee. The bacon and eggs were perfect, but the sausage and the beans do serve only to fill up a few square centimetres of spare plate space, but in saying that I did enjoy it.

The Hotel has some off road parking and also has a limited number of spaces at the front of it; Leamington Spa is a nice town with some good architecture, gardens and quite lively nightlife.
I never was in the town before and it surprised me how much it had in it.

The management team are very pleasant and I would certainly go back again.

Room Tip: i stayed in room no.9 and was happy with it.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family