The Lansdowne Hotel
Thomas James Hotel(Leamington Spa)
US$76
US$100
US$98
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Mallory Court Hotel(Leamington Spa)
US$226
US$212
Agoda.com
Victoria Park Lodge(Leamington Spa)
US$112
Premier Inn Leamington Spa Town Centre Hotel(Leamington Spa)(Great Value!)
US$105
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Angel Hotel(Leamington Spa)
US$147
Woodland Grange(Leamington Spa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall car parkb bstreet parkingcivilised placemodest hotelapples and orangesgrander hotelsbusy junctionface clothstown centremobile devicesbig fluffy towelslinen napkinstraditional cooked breakfastfriendly hotelshort staydouble room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Excellent small hotel, friendly staff, very good breakfast, good value for money. I wanted a base from which to visit family and this met my needs very well. They were also very helpful in storing my luggage between checking out and going to the station.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our family stayed in the hotel over the last week-end. I have to say that we could not fault it. The rooms were spacious and clean. Although we had a room at the front we had no problems with noise.The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much for them They even kept our bottle of Champagne in the fridge for us. The English breakfast was something to look forward to. A small, friendly hotel that we would be happy to return to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a last-minute single room to attend a nearby conference. Check-in was fast and courteous. The room was small but well equipped, with flatscreen TV, tea and coffee, folding table/work surface. The bathroom included a power shower, excellent lighting and large mirrors. Breakfast (full English) was freshly made and contained good-quality ingredients. Staff showed an eagerness to please and attention to detail. I would certainly return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've stayed here before and didn't review, but stayed 2 nights this week and thought I should give feedback on an excellent establishment.

I got a great double room (14) at the back of the hotel, so no issue with front of house noise. Windows opened and it was very comfortable on the hot evenings. Shower room was immaculate and wardrobe space was massive. My room and all public areas were clean and well maintained, clearly the owners put customers first.

The breakfast room is cosy and everything was available from 7:30am. Service was quick and the cooked breakfast was excellent (perfect poached eggs).

The hotel has a laundry room and I asked if I could iron shirts - not a problem.

Checked in and out in seconds.

Even on business I prefer a homely feel to a hotel, and the Lansdowne is the place for me when I stay in Leamington Spa.

Thanks to all staff for a great welcome and comfortable stay.

Brian Crow

Room Tip: If you want a great double room in a quiet location, try for Room 14. There's no view, but in a town centre, who cares.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed for one night whilst passing through the County and picked this Hotel for its Tripadvisor comments and location. Top marks for cleanliness and affability.

Parking: entry is from Willes road (if looking for as green building as in google maps best be aware that it is now yellow/orange) we were fortunate to get the last of four spaces; not sure that on-street parking would be either near or free - maybe o.k. off peak but nearby streets look like residents only.

Room etc: we were in no.15. clean and fresh with interesting decor; strong hint of the East and some public areas with bold wallpaper, facilities perfect for the Hotel grading.

Breakfast: superb in both quality and service but not offered a printed menu so felt a bit rushed to decide, given the eastern flavour of the Hotel I would have gone for a masala omelette if available.

Niggles: it's June! - you do not need the radiators on full blast in the public areas. Loo flushing - or not, ours stuck and would not flush, had to open the cistern and re-seat a rubber stopper that was jammed open, suggest you look into updating to silent fill torbeck valves or somesuch - nobody uses ballcocks these days.

Noise: understand that you cannot do much about this but drunken shouts at 03.30 was a bit much - it was Saturday night and maybe a house-party; also, perhaps point out to taxi drivers that beeping a horn at 04.00 is an offence.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple