Woodland Grange
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Eaton Court Hotel(Leamington Spa)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
The Lansdowne Hotel(Leamington Spa)
Angel Hotel(Leamington Spa)
Episode Hotel(Leamington Spa)
  • Breakfast included
Falstaff Hotel(Leamington Spa)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree coffeegames roomconference venuesauna and jacuzzibiscuitsgreat conferenceconference facilitieshot drinkstraining venuetraining courselovely groundsconference roombuffet breakfastlounge arearooms are comfortablebusiness triplovely hotel
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Weekened groupon voucher bought.. excellent food, great variet, rooms lovely (worth upgrading to a room with floor to eiling windows). Staff great, very clean.

Gym not bad for a hotel, although I was expecting somehting much bigger as it is describes as a wellness centre.

In general, a great hotel, great bargain and a great stay!

1  Thank Alan D
John T, General Manager at Woodland Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2012

Thank you for your excellent rating of our venue, and we’re glad you took advantage of the room upgrade offering. I hope you also had the opportunity to make use of our Saunarium and Jacuzzi during your stay. If not, I hope you can take us up on our August offer and return to sample these and the new menu being released very soon

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed for one night on Thursday 14th June with my husband. Was a Group On deal (2 persons for 1 night inc. 3-course meal, breakfast and use of leisure facilities). Didn't arrive until 6.30pm, and found the place easily just off the island signposted Old Milverton. We booked our 3-course inclusive meal for 7.30pm. All 3 courses were very nice. Liked the Complimentary bottle of still water with our meal (option of still or sparkling) and the crusty bread and butter.
The restaurant is large and obviously is geared towards conference delegates (though I don't think there were many in that evening). There were about 18 tables for 2 set to the right of the room which looked like they were ready for the Group On bookings. We could sit at any of those tables (that wasn't already occupied). I opted for no.13 and there were no disasters.
After the meal we stopped off at the lounge bar. I'd previously registered on Facebook and if I signed in and showed the bar maid I could get first drink at 50% off. That was nice!
The lounge bar itself did have a big TV screen but wasn't very comfy - a bit like an airport waiting lounge. On the way out of the bar area I spotted cold water coolers with glasses which were complimentary, and then saw a coffee/tea/hot chocolate machine also complimentary (I was going to have a hot chocolate but husband said they had the same machine at his work and it wasn't great - so I didn't sample it).
There was also fruit around and though I'd read on the original Group On deal there were complimentary cookies around. I never saw any so assumed I must have read my info wrong and it was just for delegates at a conference. However the following morning after breakfast there were a selection of cookies at the drinks machine which was available to all. Even though we'd just had a big breakfast we did manage a cookie each. Presumably they are put out in the morning and when they are gone during the day they aren't replenished. Which is why I wouldn't have seen them when we arrived the evening before.
The building is hit and miss with mobile signal (though I was told they are working on a solution to that), there is however COMPLIMENTARY use of the WIFI. Which was useful.
Didn't particularly feel there was enough staff at breakfast time (we were there at 8.30am and breakfast on weekdays is 8-9am) as things kept running out on the 'hot' buffet and customers were having to ask for refills. Tea and Coffee was brought to the tables via a waitress carrying a pot of each around and topping up your cup as you needed. Toast was gained by just ONE of the annoying do-it-yourself toasters. Which often malfunction because people keep messing with the temperature. this occasion was no exception. A nice touch on the breakfast which I've never seen anywhere else is the availability of ice cold made up smoothies. there were about 3 different flavours. I had a melon one and it was delish! There was also a wide selection of cereal, fruit and seeds.
Our room was clean and comfortable and not too small. A good power shower though the main light in the bathroom didn't seem very bright (room 120), so we used the shaver light too.
As the fan was really loud it was best to just use the shaver light if you just went for a Jimmy Riddle or brushing teeth.
If I may mention the word again.......COMPLIMENTARY toiletries were very nice and a good selection. Often hotels don't supply these any more, but I still like them.
Check out was quick and simple and whilst in the foyer I spotted a flyer for the same from £69 deal we had just done for AUGUST. On questioning further the only weekends in August it was running was Fri 10th - Sun 12th and Fri 24th - Sun 26th. I believe there was also other weekday availability in August. You do need the actual flyer to redeem on check in and you need to ring 0845 8623366 to book. So if you fancy the deal you'll need to pop along and pick up a flyer from the foyer.
Anyway - I've just booked a return visit on the deal for one night in August. I thought the 'From £69' on the flyer was a catch, but one night with a 3 course evening meal and breakfast for 2 really is £69. FROM is because you can have 2 consecutive night (only 1st night dinner inclusive) for £109. Still a great deal.
The only thing we didn't get to check out were the gym and spa facilities. We did have a peek at the gym but couldn't see the spa. I believe the spa has limited facilites of just sauna and Jacuzzi (no pool), but as this hotel is primarily geared for conferences, then I doubt there is high demand for a pool and looking at the spa's location (in a dome cylinder it seemed), I don't think a pool is an option.
After we checked out we drove into Leamington to hit shops. It is walkable on nice day as its essentially a straight road and about a 2-mile walk. Parking was really good pricing. We parked in P1 which cost us £3 for over 6 hours parking. I believe the same car park might be free on a Sunday (which will affect me on my August visit) - though i don't suppose all the charity shops will be open on a Sunday

1  Thank simone10
John T, General Manager at Woodland Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2012

Amazing review!!! Thank you for your feedback, and we hope your next visit is as pleasurable. The Gym and Spa are well worth a visit, but not essential if you stick to the Smoothies at breakfast. Biscuits and fruit are available through the day, but we don’t replenish in the evening, so that you can take full advantage of the delights in the Restaurant. See you in August.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

we used a groupon deal at this hotel. Spent the day in Leamington Spa and arrived to a nice welcoming receptionist at 5.30pm. Evening meal was late- only 8.45pm and later times to choose from. Earlier times had already been booked. Bit disappointed there, dont like eating late.
Our room was an upgraded one(paid an extra £20) in 1st floor room 132.It was very nice and roomy, Loads of wardrobe space with plenty of hangers.
Only one side table with a lamp on. Didnt worry us too much! Bathroom modern, very clean with lots of shampoo's and shower gels/bath gel. The shower was easy to use and powerful, situated over the bath.
We had a coupleof hours to kill before dinner, we made our way downstairs to the games room and had 3 games of Pool. Lots of tea/coffee machines allover the hotel- never had this before in any hotels we have stayed in. Free too- !! As were the games of pool.
The evening meal in this hotel was 1st class-bottle of water on the table. Great service too.
We both had a glass of white wine each- rather pricey at £11.50 for the 2 glasses. But most enjoyable.
Comfertable bed, clean bedding. Breakfast again spot on. 1st time we have ever had a smoothy with brekky. Check out was straightforward and we left cluching a complimentary 'Sunday Times' newspaper.We continued our journey to the NEC for a day at Gardeners World/Good Food show.
Would certainly stay at this 'unusual' hotel again- infact they have an offer in August which i am tempted to book for the great price of £69 inclusive of the 3 course meal and breakfast. A bargain!!

1  Thank lillypink
John T, General Manager at Woodland Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

What a wonderful review, thank you. We are looking to increase the entertainment on site to include something 'interactive' possibly an X-Box, so we hope you do return in August to take advantage. Our menu will also have been updated, so plenty of NEW things to see and do.

The £69 deal is open to voucher holders only, so grab it whilst you can as we are filling up fast.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed at the hotel early in June as part of a group-on deal with my husband. Had read reviews before I went (majority good) so felt hopeful it would be fine. Prepared for it being a bit 'conferency' in character, but this turned out to be a positive in that standards were very high. Very impressed with the meal. I'm on a gluten-free diet and the menu clearly labels dishes that are gluten-free. Food quality and presentation excellent-compliments to the chef! Only disappointment was that was that the waiting staff for the evening meal looked so miserable (except one of the male waiters) Not one of the waitresses smiled throughout the whole meal! (my husband and I were determined to see a smile and watched them with other customers- but no, smiles were off the menu!) - such a shame! It doesn't cost anything to smile! So important for front of house staff to smile, even if they are tired/don't feel like it. Only other minor points-bathroom a bit old and tired (compared to very high standards elsewhere) but clean and adequate. No bedside table on my husband's side of bed (noted that someone commented on this a while ago on trip advisor and manager had said he/she would look into it?). I think reason is because most rooms are single occupancy because of conferences etc so it's not worth putting 2 in every room. That's fine, but if you know that the room is booked for a couple, could you not put an extra one in for their stay without the customer having to ask? As I say, very minor points, but worth making so the hotel can be even better! All in all, great value for money, very impressed and will definitely be returning! Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
John T, General Manager at Woodland Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review Rachel J, and for affording us a high rating. I’m pleased that the majority of your stay was a pleasant experience, and have passed on your comments to our Restaurant manager who will discuss these with her team and ensure that improvements are made in this area.
On the point regarding two bedside tables, you are absolutely correct, but this is something we are looking to address for the long term. Our existing procedures should ensure that double occupancy bookings include the second unit, however, with a limited stock we do sometimes run into the issue that you experienced.
We hope to have a solution very soon, and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Myself and wife together with another couple stayed for 2 nights, the hotel is in an excellent location close to Warwick, Stratford and Leamington Spa and is positioned in pleasant countryside. The staff provided excellent service aand the food was to a high standard. The hotel however is designed for conferences and corporate events and if you wanted to be away from a "work" environment then this may not be the place for you.
The hotel facilities are also designed with business in mind with "breakout" areas rather than a cozy hotel lounge, however on the positive side there was free coffee / biscuits and Wi- Fi available. The cost was very reasonable particularly if you came on an offer such as Groupon and therefore value for money.
Our room was of ample space and generally clean although the bathroom was a bit tired with mould in some areas around the bath, not excessive although I wouldn't expect any to be visible.
On the whole we enjoyed our stay and being retired it was somwhat comforting to see other people rushing around from meeting to meeting, therefore from a hotels perspective it was more Work than Home !

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, we’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you have the opportunity to return over a weekend, where our clients are less business focussed. There are some excellent attractions locally, and of course with the Olympics just around the corner there will be even more.