“Saturday evening meal”

Ranked #90 of 258 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: postcode CV32 5EG
nottinghamshire
“Saturday evening meal”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Well kayal was fully booked which was our first choice, not a bad place a little quick on getting food out to us which has me thinking was it freshly prepared or just heated through? Main curry not much difference between the two dishes other than one was sweet I hate sweet meat so ask about the flavours as this was not described in the menu they also serve too big portions so work on quantity rather than quality.

Visited March 2014

Kingsbridge, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely Evening”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My boyfriend and I came across this last night, and I'm glad we found it! Service was good, food was really good and they even had their own cider, much to my boyfriends delight! With the poppadoms, there were the usual sauces- mango chutney, onions, etc. But there was an extra red sauce that isn't served in other Indians. We loved it, and we asked the waiter what was in it- he told us straight away and said it was made on site and even gave us a free sample of it! Overall, it was very enjoyable, and we will definitely be going back!

• Visited February 2014
Warwickshire, UK
“Really disappointing”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I used to eat in the Bombay regularly 10 years ago when I lived in Leamington, so decided to go for dinner for old times sake. I was attracted by the 'Thursday Special' - starter, main course, rice, nan & drink for £13.95. Good value (or so it seemed).

Went inside, it was early so I was the first diner, and I asked about the special. The waiter told me what the deal was (including a beer), so I sat, ordered and drank my pint of Cobra. I asked for a couple of poppadoms, which tasted of the fat they'd been fried in - not a great start.

For starters I chose the tandoori mix, and when it arrived, it was obviously a half portion, especially for the meal deal (even down to the onion bhaji being neatly sliced in half!). The food was dry, as though it had been pre cooked and then microwaved for a little too long. Pretty uninspiring. For mains I ordered a lamb tikka bhuna, and it was very bland - tough, chewy lamb pieces in a pretty flavourless sauce. The boiled rice was still very lumpy, where it had been microwaved and not forked through. The nan was excellent, though, but as an overall meal, it was very disappointing.

When I asked for the bill, it was over £20 (remember the £13.95 special deal?) - the pappodoms and pickle tray were on there (understandably), but I'd been charged £4 for my beer. When I questioned this, I was told "the offer includes a bottle of beer, not a pint", which is fair enough, but after I'd asked about and ordered the special, and then ordered my drink, I would have thought the waiter might have told me this!

For £20 a head, there's far better - for example, the excellent Kayal literally next door was packed, whereas the Bombay was empty - maybe people are voting with their feet?

I'm hoping that I caught the Bombay on a bad night, but with all the competition on that road alone, I won't be rushing back.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Mark T
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Myself and my fiancée went for a meal here the good and service were exceptional, the staff were falling over themselves to help, definitely one of the best restaurants we've been to.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank nicola r
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“good to sit in but not takeaway”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have been here quite a few times and the food has been excellent. We decided to have a takeaway this week instead and the food wasnt as good. very bland, was just chicken and sauce. disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
Bombay L, Manager at Bombay tandoori, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Hi we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and apologise for the takeaway you received that night.

We take your feed back on board and would like to offer you a 30% Discount Voucher.

We do everything we can to ensure customers satisfaction everytime and we aim to provide the highest standards of food, wether dining in or take-out.

Again we are sorry it didn't meet your standards that night, we would like the opportunity to cook for you again to rectify this, we hope to see you again.

Team@Bombay

(To use the voucher you can email us for details at bombayrestaurant@live.co.uk)