“Great atmosphere for a relaxing cocktail.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Morgan's Bar

Morgan's Bar
Ranked #3 of 15 Nightlife in Leamington Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Morgan's Bar is a chic, cosmopolitan cocktail and lounge bar set above Restaurant 23. The luxurious seating and decor and discreet service makes it the perfect place for an intimate rendezvous, a catch-up with friends or a pre-dinner drink. We have an extensive menu of cocktails - a number co-developed with Restaurant 23's Executive Chef, Curtis Stewart - together with champagnes, wines, beers and spirits. Service is managed by our expert mixologist Claudia Valada. Afternoon tea is served from 2:15pm-4:30pm. Hot and cold bar snacks are available throughout the day, with a relaxed Sunday Brunch available from 11:00am until 3:30pm. Private hire of the venue is also available.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great atmosphere for a relaxing cocktail.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Saw the mixed reviews but decided to give Morgan's cocktail bar a try. Enjoyable surroundings, very good cocktails. Service very professional. Only drawback, from ordering to receiving our drinks each time was quite slow.

Nottinghamshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Stylish and swanky but very slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

My friend and I were staying in Leamington Spa for the weekend and had seen Morgans online and decided it was somewhere we'd like to go for a champagne cocktail before heading into town for dinner. Had to wait at least 20 mins before these arrived! We received half a champagne flute which included the creme de cassis costing almost £10 each! Lovely building which is elegantly decorated but overpriced and extremely slow service. Thank goodness we weren't dining there otherwise we'd still be eating at midnight!

Visited August 2012
Warwick
“Cocktails at Morgan's Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

We were taken by the maitre d' to the upstairs cocktail bar at Restaurant 23 an experience from start to finish of how good service should be: sufficiently attentive without being intrusive, charming without over-familiarity, and a cocktail maker who isn't all showman but who knows how to mix the perfect cocktail from a list of 20 or so popular, and more eclectic, drinks.
The restful deep grey and white room provided a comfortable backdrop for a couple of hours, cocktails and nibbles. Busy enough for ambience on an early Thursday evening, but not noisy, crowded or musak-filled. The only 'criticism' I would have is of some of the clientele rather than the staff - all professionally dressed in waistcoats and dark trousers - as many of the paunchy middle aged men chose jeans and scruffy or smart shirts, whilst their escorts were beautifully turned out in attractive dresses, heels, bags and immaculate makeup. A dress code might help? Anyway, I recommend the Morgan's Martini complete with grapefruit peel, and the Kir Royale, a delicate blush colour, subtly celebrating the cassis.

Leamington Spa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“this is regarding Morgan's Bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

We did not eat here because we thought we check out the interior etc. so decided to have a pre-dinner drink here prior to moving on. The surroundings are beautiful and the staff are very pleasant, however, they don't know how to make a decent champagne cocktail. My friend and I ordered 2 cocktails priced at £9.50 each, when they arrived one of the glasses had a chip out of it so we promptly sent it back. We then began to drink the champagne cocktails which had no fizz, so we complained. They offered to re-make which we accepted. We watched them make the cocktails and realised the reason for no fizz was because they were shaking the champers in a cocktail shaker. I'm no cocktail expert but I don't think you should be shaking the bubbles out of expensive champagne. All in all I don't think I will be returning either for a drink or a meal which is such a shame because the surroundings are lovely and the people were very welcoming. My advice to the owner - get the bar staff some training.

Warwick, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Made in.... Leamington: overpriced & pretentious. A real shame!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I was excited to hear that a cocktail bar had finally opened in Leamington - it's just what the town needs!

Unfortunately, Morgan's Bar doesn't meet the standards expected from what's sold as an upmarket cocktail venue.

The location and building are quite good (as it's the sister bar joined to restaurant 23), yet the decor/interior is fairly bland. Seats are quite a distance from each other meaning you strain to hear what those opposite you are saying!

Morgan's say their cocktail menu is limited, but I mean really limited.... None of the classics you'd expect on any cocktail menu... cosmo, mojito, margarita... However, you're encouraged to ask if you'd like something that's not listed. We asked for some classic champagne cocktails - when they arrived we were so shocked with what was quite visibly half a glass of champagne, we mentioned it to our waitress. She was polite, but said that it was a standard amount but looked less as their glasses are quite large. Whilst I maintain there certainly wasn't a full glass of champagne there anyway, why would a bar serve a drink in a glass that makes customers believe they're being shortchanged?!
What was even more of an affront was that we were charged £10 for each of these, as opposed to the £8.50 for their standard glass of champagne, or other cocktails.... Is this a standard surcharge for requesting a drink that's not listed on their menu? Well that's basically every cocktail then.... Nice money maker!

Let's put it this way, Morgan's does manage to maintain a nicer class of clientle than your average leamington bar, but that's probably because the only people who go are those willing to pay through the nose for a drink and a seat on a Friday night....

Visited July 2012
5 Thank batch1990
Pkchef, Owner at Morgan's Bar, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank you very much for your review.

I would like to put the record straight as I don’t think you review is fair.

In my opinion I think that our cocktail bar decor is not bland at all, the amount of positive feedback that we have receive from customers has been amazing; maybe the bar is not to your taste?
We at Morgan's are very proud of what we have and also the different cocktails that we offer on our menu, yes they are a little different from every other cocktail bar, but we do offer those cocktails at a fair price, and £10 for a champagne cocktail I think is a fair price, as there is champagne and cognac in the cocktail both of which are a little more expensive.

Are prices are fair and we wish to offer all of our customers value for money and a great product, which is why we do not apply one price for every cocktail as the different cocktails have different ingredients.

I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us on that evening.

Kind regards