“Great bar in Leamington Spa made our break”
Review of The Cross Keys - CLOSED

The Cross Keys
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Kempston, England, United Kingdom
“Great bar in Leamington Spa made our break”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Brilliant. The staff were really friendly and great fun. When we went in on a Thursday night they were having a music jam night. All the musicians were local and really talented and just having a good time which created a great atmosphere. And even though my husband and i were the only non locals there everybody made us feel welcome will definatley be recommending this place to all my friends and visiting again when I am in the area. Just wish this was my local.

Visited July 2013

Leicester
“Good value pub grub with friendly staff”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Whilst we often visit Leamington Spa we've never been into The Cross Keys and had it not been for Groupon we'd never have considered it. The offer was too good to miss and so we headed along nervously after reading some of the comments on here.

I'm not sure whether some of the feedback has been unfair or things have really improved at The Cross Keys, but we couldn't fault the food or service for a town centre pub.

We had a sharing platter, which would probably been enough for us both as a main meal, not just as a starter. This was then followed by a lovely 10oz gammon steak served with 2 eggs, pineapple rings, chips and peas. The gammon was well cooked and tasty along with the rest of the meal.

If you're looking for pub grub at reasonable prices then The Cross Keys is an ideal place to eat. Don't be put off by some of the older reviews on hear and give it a go.

• Visited July 2013
“Terrible afternoon tea”
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

I went with a friend for a meal using a groupon voucher. Yes it was a cheap deal but I didnt expect the food to be awful and the service seriously lacking. The food was 'gastropub' as they try and claim and the woman who served us was not nice. While we were there children were running in and out of the kitchen and even serving customers. All in all it was not a good experience, I would never go back and warn my friends about it too.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lauwra_uk
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My experiment at this pub was very good and very cheap and value for money and great service. I recommend you come here.

• Visited May 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Really friendly staff and pretty good food too..............”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We ate here in the afternoon with a Groupon voucher.The three course meal with wine was a good offer but was made better when they gave us a whole bottle not just the glass that the offer entitled us too. The mushroom starter was well cooked and fresh ,the Pizza was clearly freshly made and was nothing like the microwaved one described in an earlier review. The afternon we went coincided with a football match so the place was quite lively. Prior to arriving we got a call from the manager advisiong us that the place may be loud and he offered an alternate time.The staff couldnt do enough and were very friendly. This is a town centre pub so dont go expecting a posh retaurant but the food was tasty and the mene was good.There is a kids eat free offer in the early evenings as well.Hopefully the new manger will do well here,he deserves to.

• Visited May 2013