“What a disappointment”

Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
“What a disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We ordered from here, no mention on the web or by the phone that there was. 3.50 delivery charge on a£25 order. Order arrived at 1 hr 10. Chips were cold. No rice. Phoned up more rice was offered immediately chased after 35 minutes by which time all food was cold. Promised a call back from manager which never arrived. So basically 30 quid for a small bag of cold food. Don't bother

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Hexieboo

Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
“Food good but service poor.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Pawpaw Warwick is worth the extra drive as the food is the same as the Leamington branch without the surly attitude from the woman who takes the orders.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Well, better than other Chinese round here.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Ordered family meal deal on a Sunday night. Plenty of food delivered (though the driver scampered off before we could tip him). Crispy seaweed alarmingly sugar-covered. Chicken with vegetables just cornflour-gloopy - exactly why we ordered from Paw Paw to hopefully avoid this, as they emphasise freshness. Rest of food was alright if unexceptional. Very good delivery service on this busy night.

There's a real opportunity for a good Chinese restaurant in this affluent town: come on, someone!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Marsupialman
“Best Chinese ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I have a pawpaw once a week and I'm never disappointed.

Always fresh & tasty.

My favourite is salt & pepper chips and sweet & sour Cantonese chicken.

If you want freshly cooked food with friendly efficient service then pawpaw is the place for you.

• Visited January 2014
“Oh dear...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

In the past I have raved about Paw Paw and recommended it widely. We drive 5 miles to use it but the quality of food has decreased with each visit of late.

With us both finishing work late tonight, I diverted on the journey home to pick up a half crispy duck. I phoned the order through half an hour before arriving and still had to wait 15 minutes once there.

When I got home and we opened the box we found a small, dry shrivelled up leg. Had to drive back and ask for a refund as it was too late to wait for another meal to be prepared. I only got a cursory apology when I was on my way out and no recognition or acknowledgement of the inconvenience caused. SO disappointed!!

1 Thank PocketsPedro