“Overpriced & bad service”
Review of Meze - CLOSED

Meze
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Went here with my boyfriend and a few friends back in March. We had a Groupon voucher but when I got there the waitress tried to tell me we weren't allowed certain dishes that it clearly said we could have on the voucher. She didn't speak much English, had no idea what the dishes were, wasn't polite and even though there was only 1 other table with customers she was extremely slow. The meals were hit and miss and tiny. I was hungry afterwards and if we hadn't had the voucher it would have cost us about £30 each without drinks! I'd be surprised if this place is still running by next March which is a shame as I liked the concept.

There are newer reviews for Meze

Reviewed 10 July 2013

This was the first time we had tried Lebanese food and it was quite delicious. We had four starters between two and really you only need one each to share as the main course is substantial. We were most impressed by the aubergine and the sausage but all were excellent. The main courses were very tasty. Some dishes are quite spicy, while others not, so do ask if you are particular about this. Also of note was the Lebanese house wine which was by far the best house wine we have ever had anywhere, a,really smooth full bodied red but not at all overpowering and with a lovely bouquet.
Although the restaurant was very busy, we were actually served more quickly than we expected given the situation.
There are two eating areas and the layout of the bar area is a little tricky as there is a narrow line of tables for two which are very dimly lit. Ideal for the romantic twosome, but awkward for the older generation who need more space and light. This lost it one star.

1  Thank Samantha B
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My partner and I were craving delivery food with enough vegetarian dishes to choose from (for me) about a month ago and we took a chance and ordered from here. This is the only Lebanese (to my knowledge) restaurant in town. Not only was the delivery relatively fast but the food was delicious! We ordered a vegetarian mezze platter and a couple of side dishes. The food was great value for money.

In fact, the food tasted just like the Lebanese I had had in the Middle East! This is the healthiest and most delicious delivery food I have ever had, without a doubt. Meze will be my go-to delivery food from now on.

1  Thank FoodieSteph
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I cannot understand the 4 and 5 star reviews. This is a three star place, if you are feeling generous. Food is average. Deep fried falafel were horrible. Some food presented nicely on Middle Western type plates. Other dishes chucked on metal plates, like a poor Indian restaurant. Menu huge, always a bad sign. Standard fare, nothing original. Not fresh, a lot of microwave use, heavy food. Lost of red plastic which doesn't add to atmosphere. There is a room where 'youth' can go and smoke puffy things. It needs to decide whether it wants to be a student place, or a good restaurant. Currently it is neither

Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I came here for dinner with my other half and two friends. We shared a vegetarian platter which was huge, with hummus, pickled artichoke, pastries, salad and various other things. We then shared some mains as well. The chicken pittas were lovely and tender, as was the stewed lamb dish. Very generous portions, great tasting healthy food. Will definitely come back!

1  Thank Chwhynny