“Great Place To Catch Up”
Review of The Royal Horse

The Royal Horse
Ranked #181 of 262 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Great family pub in Leamington with something for everyone!
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I am a fairly regular customer to the hungry horse, have been for many different occasions. I visited yesterday (1/08/14) to have a catch up with some friends I haven't seen in a while. It was pretty busy as usual. IT did take a while to get served at the bar when we first ordered some drinks but I put this down to customers not too sure on what they want and how much they should be ordering for everyone else at there table. There was few staff on the bar but plenty of staff on the floor, rushing around to clear tables and constantly bring food out.

We ordered starters and mains when we went back to the bar and was served pretty quickly, service was pretty good and was advised waiting times for food considering it was very busy it wasn't long. They came out before the advised time and was very hot and very nice. We were asked by two members of staff if everything was ok and if we needed any extra sauce etc.

Mains were brought out soon after and all food was great I had the 5oz steak with chips peas onion rings tomato and mushroom, all was cooked perfectly and steak just how I had asked for it. My friends food was also very nice, one had the half chicken with rice topped in bbq sauce and the other had the Bombay banquet(chicken tikka) portion sizes were good also. Tables were cleared quickly after and we wasn't rushed to leave even though they were very busy this was good as we were chatting and catching up. Only had one pudding which was yummy as always had the warm chocolate brownie with ice cream topped with marsh mellows malteasers and chocolate/toffee sauce.This is a must try!!!

I don't know why this place gets some bad reviews as the staff are always polite, informative and very busy but always give it there all. For the price you pay and the portions you get you cant go wrong with the hungry horse, We will be returning.

There are newer reviews for The Royal Horse

Reviewed 28 July 2014

ok for a quick bite to eat with the family, place was very busy. lack of staff & tables but we did get our food quickly. I had a steak which to be fair was very good. My partners kebabs werent great at all. The weather was nice so the terrace and gardens were rammed.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I visited the new fairly local pub to try the food as we often like to give new places a try. As the vegetarian meals were not to my liking we ordered a fish and chips meal ( I sometimes eat fish if there is no vegetarian food that I like) and were VERY surprised to find lots of bones in the battered fish. When we complained we were told that it didn't state on the menu that it was "fish fillet" and fish do have bones. After our lesson in fish anatomy and rude attitude of the waitress we left and have not returned.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have visited The Royal Horse on many occasions and have been satisfied with the food and service but this evening it was horrendous! Lack of staff, dirty tables and awful food. I think the chef or chefs who were working require some training.
It'll be a while before we subject ourselves to that again!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have visited the Royal Horse on many occasions and find that the atmosphere is extremely friendly, the staff are so polite, from there welcome to the departure you are made to feel welcome, and as for the food that is second to none we have had many a meal here and find it excellent and very generous portion sizes personally you only have to visit the place and see how busy it is to see how popular it is.

1  Thank Rob H