“New menu is awesome!”

Regency Arms
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Went to Regency Arms again at the weekend and the food and service was second to none as always. Nothing is ever too much trouble... Well done guys and keep up your good work and high standards!!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Spur of the moment vist. High quality drinks and meal...not pretentious ....comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. ..manager was so hospitable even though we were quite picky. Will definitely return x

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Recently came here for dinner after visiting a few times for drinks, and always found myself staring at the food that was being brought out...
So when we decided to try the food out we were not disappointed, the pie was full of tender meat that just fell apart, and my friend had the lamb, which was cooked three ways, all to perfection!
Always love the atmosphere here and the staff can never do enough for u, always with a smile on their face!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I’ve eaten here twice and the experience has been mixed.

The first time I visited I had a two course special for £13.95 (this included a small glass of wine). I had a prawn and chorizo starter and a beef and ale pie (with chips) main. Both were very good and the chips were excellent. The price was also excellent.

I was dining with a friend who ordered the same. She asked if the starter had chili in it since she can’t eat hot spicy food and was told it did not. When it came and she tasted it she thought it did have chili in it and asked again (it was indeed hot). Someone came over and said it did not have chili in it but it was made with hot paprika. Since she had said she couldn’t eat spicy hot food I was surprised that she was not offered a different starter especially since she has eaten there often and they know her. She picked at the bits she could eat and didn’t make a fuss.

Because I had really enjoyed the meal and thought it was very good value a few weeks later I returned with the same friend I had shared the previous meal with and another friend.
On this occasion none of us had the fixed price meal.

One had the Sea Bream, another had the moules and I had the Pork and apples pressed pork belly and apple boudiin fillet with Parma ham served with chunky apple sauce and hand cut chips.

I was shocked by my meal. There was a small hunk of pork belly and a number of sausage things that all tasted the same. I can’t say I noticed any Parma ham. This dish did not come with any vegetables. There was a small spoonful of applesauce though when I pointed this out I was brought a proper portion. This dish was priced at £18.95 and I had expected far more quality and quantity for this price. I will say though that as before the chips were excellent.

The friend who ordered the Moules mariniere was presented with a very large bowl of moules. At first we thought wow – that’s a good deal since this dish was only £8.50. The reality was that though the shells were normal size the moules within were very, very tiny – lot’s of shell but practically no mussel meat. A very disappointing meal.

The one good dish that evening was the Sea Bream my other friend ordered.

Both the friend who had the moules and I expressed our disappointment with our food. We were thanked for our feedback but no gesture was made to compensate us for our disappointment – like saying our drinks were on the house. This reminded me of the previous meal I had had there when a different starter was not offered to my friend who can’t eat hot spicy food. I was really surprised since when this has happened to me elsewhere some gesture of compensation has been made.

Well bottom line is I won’t be returning. Had some gesture been made to soften my disappointment I would probably be prepared to have another go but clearly this is not what happens here. After my first dining experience I did mention this place to a few friends telling them it was a good place to go. I have now retracted this recommendation.

1  Thank Maluk44
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The quality of the food in comparison to price, is outstanding, it’s a fine dining experience for me, but allows my husband to have a burger.

Happy customers all round!

Service was once again brilliant, they seem to have a good team who all get along, and seeing smiles and laughter among the staff is brilliant, even during a busy service!

We're now considering booking the upstairs for a birthday party!