“Fantastic home-made food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“Fantastic home-made food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Having come to the Larder for a while now it never fails to impress me with its offering. I love the fact that all the food is home-made - I can go downstairs at any time, sit at the kitchen counter and see the food being prepared. This gives me a peace of mind that there's 'nothing to hide' and that the taste reflects the high quality of both ingredients and preparation.

While there are certain things that I can get everyday, e.g. porridge, certain sandwiches, a lot of the other items change frequently so that one always finds something new to try. The cakes and tarts are original and creative - not something you can get anywhere.

The staff are genuinely friendly and the high number of frequent patrons testify to the fantastic service and food. One always feels welcome here!

2 Thank pz1209

“Expensive, disappointed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stumbled across the Larder last week, and I have to say I found it not only very expensive, but the coffee was very bitter, and the tarts very underwhelming, especially considering the prices of them! I thought some of the cakes on the counter looked like they had seen better days too.

Sorry, but for me there are much better places in Leamington, and much more reasonably priced too. A shame as the reports for this place appear to be very good.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank CliffB76
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Just perfection in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

If you have not been you must go as the place is superb and is head an shoulders above any other cafe's in the area. The staff are all very friendly and provide an excellent service and we have got to know them very well. We have a young baby who they welcome and You are really spoilt for choice when it comes to the food served here! From the selection of sour dough filled pita's, to pastries, delicious soups, sandwiches and my favourite the salad bowls!!! Not forgetting a very wide selection of cakes which are very moist, yummy and big slices. From larder cakes, loafs tarts and pavlova it really is a special little place! For us there's n doubting its number one in leamington and really reasonable prices for the 10/10 food. We wish the family run business all the best for the future.
Paul, Bryony & Isabella

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Thwaites2013
“Best cafe in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful place - the atmosphere is calm friendly and chilled, unlike anywhere I have been. It's down to the family that run it, so friendly, the food is delicious, I love the savory tarts, and soup, and their salads yum - so imaginative. They are conscious of allergies I notice they usually have gluten a free cake and a spelt cake and soya milk, this is quite unusual in small independent cafés. I like to sit in and soak up the atmosphere, but I think it's mostly take out, if I worked round there - I would be ordering my lunch from them every day, so much tastier and healthier than a pre packed sandwich.

1 Thank Awayagainmerc
Leamington Spa
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Popped in here on the recommendation of a friend and so glad I did. Went with a friend mid week and although it was quite busy we found a seat down in the basement. We both had the goats cheese tart and a latte. Wasn't sure what to do at first as its serve yourself but the very friendly man explained the system. We the. Shared a cake and had another coffee. Lovely fresh food and great friendly service will definitely be back.

1 Thank rachel6040