“Well worth a visit”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely little place, it's small and intimate, and very social. While we were there despite the torrential rain, there was a constant stream of people coming in, many who knew each other. Other customers were very friendly towards us, as we're the staff. It's a classy little set up, on the intimate side, but seemingly equally geared up for takeaways as eating in.

They make the food fresh every day, and it's basically a self serve buffet concept with some really tasty sandwiches, soups, tarts and salads; with a whole host of great looking cakes. We had a delicious chunky Thai chicken skewer, a vegetable tart a sandwich each (all were in brioche buns) and a really unusual twist on a Panzanella salad with grapes, hazelnuts, radishes and chicory.

We took away a lovely rose and pistachio loaf which we enjoyed very much.

Will definitely call in again

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Matt A

Manchester
“Amazing find...”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Visited the larder twice when passing through Leamington last week and it was superb. A massive range of choices with everything homemade. The bread is to die for; the brioche and the ciabattas so light and delicious. We sampled the salads too - such interesting flavours and we loved them. We went the whole hog and shared some cakes; the carrot and walnut, the rose and pistachio and the Portuguese tart. AMAZING! Staff were all lovely, chatty and informative- helping me choose my lunch both days as there was so much I wanted!!

My only negative is that there isn't one closer to home... Love this place!

2 Thank Scholey22
London, United Kingdom
“Home-made, delicious food with great and friendly service”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Cute, little cafe in Leamington Spa with friendly staff and food entirely home-made and reasonable prices. I absolutely love it.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Mikaela W
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Still not great”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I thought I would give this place a go again as they've been open a while now, and most of the reviews are very positive even if a lot of them are one review wonders. Seems after a poor report, there is a flurry of activity in "top marks" reports, so thought I'd see how much it had improved over my first visit.

Sadly it didn't hit the mark. I still find the savouries quite bland, and it is still very expensive certainly when you compare to other small business in Leamington.

I think some of the reports on here where reporters are noting in a great deal of detail what they sell, comes across as a company sales pitch or effectively providing a menu on Tripadvisor. I've taken them with a pinch of salt.

I very much doubt I will call in again as there are better places in Leamington which also offer better value for money, and I don't believe some of these reports are genuine which is a shame. That is of course just my opinion.

10 Thank roadsterrob
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Excellent little independent - a visit is a must.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This place is a gem, everything is made fresh on site every day (they only buy the drinks in) and the food is amazing. I often eat in but it's great for takeaway too. So lovely to see a family business doing well. They are all so friendly and it has such a great atmosphere. If you are in Leamington it's a must to visit. I can't rate the food enough, everything I have tried has been amazing. The design of the place is fantastic too and it is spotlessly clean. Really have to disagree with the negative reviews, but I don't think they need to worry as they seem to have a very good following of regulars and so they should.

3 Thank Jenny H