“Standard travelodge but awful staff!”

Travelodge Regent Hotel Leamington Spa
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Pretty standard as you'd expect, The room are large and the hotel is stunning inside. The problem is it is very noisy and the staff, well.... The woman checking us in told us check in time was 3pm. We arrived at 2.50 along with a bunch of other people waiting in the small lobby.She insisted no rooms were available and then sat and looked at her watch and mentally counted down to bang on three when she announced all rooms were ready! (petty) Due to amount of people waiting it took another half hour to check in!

The biggest shock was that I booked a family room which had only one set of bedding, when I politely asked for extra I was questioned on why I needed it as there were only to of us staying. I pointed I had booked a family room and therefore required the extra bedding! She got quite personal. Shocking attitude, should be sacked!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank yggdrasil1

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Booked this for Easter Sunday have stayed here before asked for a triple room has recently had a refit was very happy with room as it was very big very comfortable one nights stay would recommend this to anyone

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lesley E
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was not expecting the Ritz, but this hotel was very disappointing in spite of its faded grandeur in it's conversion of a former grand hotel. The room was small for two people, provided just one chair, no telephone, no bath oil, one tiny bar of cheap soap, two flimsy plastic tooth mugs and a minimum of flat-pack furniture. And the heater did not work. At least the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was in a box, with unhealthy muffins and sickly-sweet biscuits. And the price? Almost £100! To be avoided unless you are desperate.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel unless you are desperate.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2014

In December I booked a room in this hotel and the room was excellent value for money. However what really concerns me is that when I paid for my booking I was offered the chance to get £10 off my next booking , so I clicked on this site and started to proceed but cancelled the process when I was asked for personal details.
While checking my bank account in February I discovered that £10 had been taken from account in January and February by a company called Completesavings.com, I googled the company and discovered that there are an online discount company, for a cost of £10 a month members get discounts when making purchases on line. I contacted the company and complained that I did not sign up for this subricption so they cancelled my membership refunded the money taken from my account.
I also contacted Travelodge as in my opinion Complete savings could only have gained my account details from Travelodge, Travelodge replied ,"The information and data we collect is important for Travelodge and we would not want to share this with anyone else, unless we have your express consent. We will never disclose, rent, trade or sell your personal data to any third parties for their marketing or mailing purposes."

So how did Completesavings.com get my account details?

SO BEWARE WHEN BOOKING ACCOMODATION WITH TRAVELODGE ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE OFFERED MONEY OFF YOUR NEXT BOOKING.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
10  Thank bradersTroon
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

It is an absolutely magnificent hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean. But our room had traditional sash windows, single glazed and the noise from the street on Saturday night meant we didn't get a decent sleep at all.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Service at Travelodge Regent Hotel Leamington Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

We are sorry to learn you were disturbed by noise outside the hotel during your stay traveltogetherUk. We can confirm that in attempt to reduce the noise outside we do provide double glazing and insulated walls, regrettably despite these measures it isn't always possible to reduce the noise outside.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here after a Works function in Leamington, room was very spacious, clean and cheap - everything you expect from a Travelodge. The Security were tight but the noise from outside was annoying and the rooms by the stairs had a lot of interuptions - an ok stay though and for the price you pay I would stay again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank covlad1987
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Turned up here on spec and had a peaceful, and more importantly restful,couple of nights. The staff are friendly and attentive. Rooms are big and clean. The elegant, historical staircase is a tourist attraction in itself. It still fascinates me that a hotel that accommodated Queen Victoria, and the reason why it is Royal Leamington Spa btw, is now a budget hotel!

Central to all the shops, pubs and restaurants it would be an ideal weekend break location for a couple. Having stayed in some dire hotels run by this company it was a revelation. Well done to whoever is in charge here!

Tip; There is a Wetherspoon directly opposite the hotel which I only discovered on my last morning there. Which means that you, dear prospective guest, will not have to wonder down to Old Leamington,as I did, for your quality budget breakfast...

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business