“Good hotel, good location”
Review of Angel Hotel

and 1 more site!
Angel Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Comfortable rooms, friendly staff and excellent location at the top of the main shopping street, allowing for an easy walk everywhere. Supper was very pleasant. We would certainly use this hotel again. There is a small car park, which is a bit tight.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Centrally located with easy access and good parking facilities, the Angel is just about all you could want from a 3 star hotel. Reasonably priced (Leamington is never going to be cheap) and good value for money, the hotel is smart, modern and efficient. None of that over-blown and slightly faded chintzy decor stuff, the rooms are clean and attractive and have all the usual 'extras' such as tea/ coffee etc. The breakfast/ dining room is light and airy and an excellent full breakfast is included in the price. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is free Wi-Fi naturally but it doesn't extend to all the upstairs rooms (a tiny niggle). We didn't eat dinner in the hotel restaurant but the menus looked very tempting and very reasonably priced. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a smart hotel with a really nice and friendly atmosphere!

Room Tip: We booked a second room (single) at £50 for our son and this was upgraded to an adjoining double at...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Just spent a night at the Angel in Leamington and whilst the room was clean I would rate it as average. The bed linen was high quality and the food superb compared to anything I've stayed in
on a similar budget, the food was all extremely fresh and well presented and prepared by somebody who cared. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank StaffordNoddy
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We have just had our ruby wedding celebrations at the hotel and cannot praise it highly enough. The staff from the management to the waiters etc are most helpful and polite, cannot do enough to ensure your stay is fantastic. The food is very good indeed and extremely reasonably priced. We had booked ten rooms for our guests and everyone without exception were very impressed. In fact they commented that the rooms were more 4 star then 3. All in all a great place to stay. Our guests all want to return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Myself and some colleagues stayed here whilst we were on a 3 day long course in March.
The hotel is brilliantly located for a tourist visit, nearly in the town centre.
The room was large and the bed was comfortable, we had an enjoyable meal the first night in the restaurant which was very good. The breakfast was also tasty.
The draw backs we found whilst we were here, were that the street outside was very busy, so a lot of us didn't sleep, which was a problem when we were trying to concentrate in the day. The WIFI was also variable - you could not get it at all in the room and it cut in and out in the bar, a lot of us needed to keep in touch with our sites, so this wasn't ideal for us.
Reception in the morning took a while to check out too.
So all in all i'd say a good hotel for visiting/tourists but maybe not for business use.

Room Tip: 32 and 33 were on the front on the street, but nice rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shaz105
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The Angel has a good location just on the edge of the town centre. It is at the end of one of the main shopping streets, and easy walking distance (15 mins) from the railway station.

This is a fairly large hotel for this town (50 rooms), but I was really impressed by the quality and helpfulness of the staff. For example, the night manager was happy to serve me a nightcap from the bar, even though it was clearly all closed-up and nearly 1am (I said "The bar is closed isn't it(?)". He said "Is it?", and grinned mischievously). When I checked-out, I was preparing to pay my £12 bar bill. But the receptionist explained that since I had booked and paid in advance on-line for a double room, but had only occupied it as a single, she had credited a notional discount against my bar bill, and there was nothing to pay. She did this without me having to ask (and it wouldn't have occurred to me to ask anyway, as my requirement for single occupancy only on the day I checked-in). I thought that was a really good example of thoughtful and helpful customer-centred service.

My twin room (no. 26, on the first floor) was a good size (if slightly odd shape, being at the pointed end of the building) with plenty of space. It was nicely decorated and furnished, and had a proper bath. The bed was very comfortable. There was tea & coffee making facilities (including some very nice speciality biscuits), a decent sized flat-screen Freeview TV, and (unusually these days) a telephone. Unfortunately, there was no WiFi coverage in my room, although it is available in other parts of the hotel.

Breakfast in the comfortable, stylish, Scandinavian inspired restaurant was good. A decent buffet selection of cereals, yoghurts & fruit etc. and the cooked option was pretty good (including fried bread and black pudding). It was quite busy on the Sunday morning, with the restaurant nearly full, but the staff coped really well and my full English arrived with perfect timing and a perfectly cooked poached egg. The only let-down was the bread that was provided for toasting (which you had to do yourself, using one of the toasters) - it was not the best.

The Angel is classed as a 3-star hotel, but I'd say it was right at the top end of that rating. Almost 4-star. I really enjoyed my stay, and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, or to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Highrise61
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Beautiful building from outside but rooms are very dated. It's basic but comfortable if you are passing by. Bar is cute but we arrive too late and too tired to hang out there.

Few things I would fix. The kettles should be cleaned after every check out.. I didn't want to us it because there were water in it and what looked like years of Limescale in it. The place was advertise for free WiFi but it doesn't seem to go out to every room. Mine certainly didn't get any signal..

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple