“Generally a great place to stay!”
Review of Angel Hotel

Angel Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Newton, Massachusetts, USA
“Generally a great place to stay!”
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a week whilst traveling on business to Warwick. Having never been to the UK at all before this trip, I enjoyed the location of this hotel, as it allowed me to explore the quaint town of Leamington Spa on foot. A great selection of restaurants, shops, natural scenery (River Leam), and a cinema are all within a short walk. Yet, the hotel provides a small but ample car park, making it convenient to get to work, as well as to/from London.

The hotel itself included a delicious breakfast every morning, with enough variety that I did not tire of it. I had dinner in the hotel restaurant one evening, which was ok but a bit disappointing. The room was a comfortable size to this American, which I assume means it was quite large by European standards. The wireless internet offered in the lobby was spotty, but the staff were very willing to let me use a wire to connect, important to me since I had work to do in the evenings.

My only complaint was service-related: my luggage did not arrive in the UK with me, and I needed the hotel to receive it for me since it was set to arrive whilst I was at work. The hotel did not cooperate the first time, meaning my luggage was delayed yet another day. Besides that, though, my stay was quite lovely.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank jays165

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Northampton
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We used TripAdvisor to select our hotels in Leamington where we were visiting for the great shopping. We were nearly put off by one negative review of The Angel, but I am glad we were not, because it was an excellent choice. The hotel is right on one of the main shopping streets and represents great 3* value. A tidy hotel with fun and obliging staff, our two rooms were both well decorated and clean, with flatscreen TVs and good tea/coffee facilities. The bar was comfortable and the breakfast was great. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - and all for £79 b&b per couple. We parked the car in the secure car park at no charge and were delighted we made this choice of accomodation - no hesitation in recommending it to others and we will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
West Midlands
Reviewed 14 December 2009

We had our eveing wedding reception here and cannot fault the staff - they were brilliant (even helping providing some pins to fix my dress when it got trodden on). We had about 20 rooms in the hotel between the party and everyone was very complimentary and breakfast was great.

• Stayed August 2009
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2009

My partner & I stayed at The Angel Hotel whilst visiting family in the area. We had never stayed at this hotel before but thought we would give it a try & we're so glad we did! The staff were wonderful & the food was excellent. We stayed in a room on the second floor, which was very spacious & had obviously been refurbished recently. We regularly come to Leamington Spa & we will definitely be staying at this hotel for our future visits.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
hertfordshire
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Could not fault the breakfast.................we had an evening meal with family , special celebration. All meals sent back as they were not cooked , when they came back there was no difference. Restaurant short staffed, a couple walked out as they had waited to long to be served. We left our meals as we could not eat them, no one took our complaint seriously.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 19 July 2009

Lovely rooms (we staying in an 'exclusive' one), clean and well appointed with a nice size bed, bathroom and flat screen TV (although didn't switch it on!). Our only gripe is that it was noisy. On a Saturday night, it's worth packing ear-plugs due to the street noise outside from the pubs and the creaking of the the old floorboards when they're tip-toed on upstairs!

If you need a hotel in the centre of Leamington you can't do better (just remember your ear-plugs)!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Ravenshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2009

We booked for the night as my husband has used the conference facilities and my daughter and her boss recommended the restaurant. Everything lived up to the recommendations. Our room was large and well-appointed, although I wouldn't have fancied making my way across the somewhat sloping floor (it is a very old building!) after too many glsses of wine! The food in the restaurant was delicious. Having the breakfast cooked to order is brilliant. I have had too many disappointing breakfasts in chain hotels where everything is 'kept warm' and this was such a refreshing change. will definitely book again when we need to be in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple