“So disappointed!!!”

Ranked #25 of 265 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restored back to its former Art Deco glory days, Bill's Leamington Spa restaurant is a real beauty. With exposed pillars and beams, chandeliers and vintage mirrors, it's particularly beautiful at night.
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I have to say I was dubious to be going here after hearing the mixed reviews but our friends decided to go.

It was really nice to start, we were greeted by a friendly waitress who seated us and got us drinks. Then it all went wrong!

My boyfriend and I orders starters, his was OK but mine tasted gone off and smelt like sick. I asked him to taste it and he thought the same. I had to send it back and I never send food back. The manager was at my table in 2minutes questioning my decision and trying to resolve the matter, I told him my problem and was asked if I wanted another, I declined and went for a safe option. I did feel slightly taken aback when he came back over and told me that the foods were tried by him and the chefs and was perfectly fine, I shouldn't have put the pickles with the parfait that they served me. I love parfait and I love pickles, I also know they go great together, the food was definitely off. This put me off my whole meal.

Then we waited around 45 minutes for our main courses to arrive, they were we bed just as we were about to get up and leave, they were nothing special either.

So in total for a pretty rubbish meal and lots of drinks (as we did nothing but wait!) we paid £120 between us for the worst meal and service I have ever had. I really wouldn't bother, its expensive, tasteless, serviceless and there are so many other amazing restaurants in leamington spa.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My 17 yr old son and I went to Warwick University open day. Decided to have an evening meal in Bill's. Very busy although able to book for 2 a couple of hours before. Good food and good service. I always think a little pricey but the quality is consistent and the service always is friendly.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

THIS PLACE IS JUST SOMETHING ELSE!!!!! BEST FOOD I HAVE EVER EATEN! I might sound like im going a bit OTT here but seriously, give this place a try. I had the best breakfast I have ever had in my life, I had a veggie fry up and the husband Blueberry pancakes and it was seriously amazing. Atmosphere is fantastic too. I cant wait to go back to have afternoon tea! Keep up the good work guys x

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Personally I love Bill's, I'm a huge fan. I have their halloumi and hummus burger and their healthy carrot/ginger smoothies.
However, I went with my friend Sarah and a waiter accidentally dropped fries down her back as he walked past; then Sarah found a hair in her food. The staff were apologetic and gave her free dessert, so problem solved. However, I went back with my mum and sister this weekend who both wanted the broad bean risotto without the cheese. The first meal brought out had cheese in it so had to be sent back. The second time, the food was lukewarm. The third time, it was far too peppery. The service was very slow and we were in there for well over an hour. We all wanted dessert but didn't want to waste another hour waiting. We were given the bill and 20mins later were still sitting waiting with our credit card.
A massive shame as the burger is the best I've ever tasted.

2  Thank RubyM8L
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Heard loads about Bill's was really excited about going, but was very disappointed, we had all three courses within a space of an hour, our mains were being served before our starter plates had been cleared, will not be returning !!!!!

1  Thank cha_chaUk