“Excellent lunch”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just had the most stunning lunch. Sat at the bar watching all the food being prepared. This is a tiny restaurant so you will need to book ahead. Plenty being turned away as the place was full. Excellent sushi but the stand out dishes were the dumplings! Oh they were so good, the best I have eaten and I have eaten at some top notch Japanese restaurants in Asia. Tea selection was great too. Excellent service all round and very reasonably priced. We ordered 12 pieces of sushi, 2 plates of dumplings, mixed tempura, salmon teriyaki and a steak main. All dishes were excellently prepared and served at the right pace. With tea and some soft drinks it came to a very reasonable £75 for 3 of us. Will definitely be going back.

8  Thank Ahajtrip
There are newer reviews for Auradaze Japanese Deli

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Had lunch here at the end of May 2014. Great experience, great food and excellent value. They only do 20 covers so book in advance. We got in without booking but had to come back after 1 hour. Talented chef and friendly front of house. All food prepared fresh in contrast to so many Japanese style options.

7  Thank Rob D
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I have to admit I went to Audradaze with high expectations after reading other Trip Advisor reviews. I was a little bit nervous on visiting, surly this place can't be that good its in Leamington Spa, hardly a hotbed of Japanese cuisine.

Well let me get this out the way.. Audradaze did not let me down, I would actually say that it exceeded my high expectations. There was a friendly host, a fridge full of stereotypical Japanese beverages, cosy atmosphere, etc, etc the whole place actually reminded me of restaurants I have visited in Japan without feeling even a little bit forced. First impressions impressed no doubt.

So its a restaurant after all so what's the food like. Well I have to say its pretty much spot on. Not only is the fish fresh and fulsome in flavours but its served in generous proportions. Mounds of rice creek under the strain of generous swaths of tuna, sea bass and salmon, while the tuna sashimi is served in the chunkiest of chunky chunks. Its the first time I have enjoyed tuna sashimi to this extent in a long time.

There also seems to be a dizzying array of Japanese tea. All very nice but for me it was difficult to distinguish the subtle differences between the range we ordered. If being honest I could have done without the choice.

However tea confusion aside this place is pretty much all I want from a Japanese eating establishment. What sums this place up it that on the walk home we were already planning our next visit!

11  Thank TravelHero85
Reviewed 22 May 2014

...this has to be one of the most amazing sushi experiences i have had the pleasure of being a apart of.

From the moment i walked in without a booking to be met by the wonderful Laura (boss) and her squeezing me in even tho fully booked, to the moment i left happily stuffed with wonderful fish, with new friends and the joy of discovering my new favourite place to go eat, relax and unwind in Leamington.

My main regret is that it will soon become impossible to get a reservation.

9  Thank Olly B
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Really didn't want to post on here as I don't want it to get too busy as its only small but I must as it was that damn good! This is the closest thing I hav ever tasted to sushi in Japan!! From the gyoza to the nigri it was all amazing, the fish was so fresh it melts in your mouth! The chef Daz was so welcoming and chatted to us whilst he worked and the lady who served us was so friendly! Portions are big and no crab sticks!! Yey. Real fresh crab is used! Literally cannot wait to go back! Bookings a must!

11  Thank MariW2