“Lovely place to stay”

8 Clarendon Crescent
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leamington Spa
8 Clarendon Crescent
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
leamington
“Lovely place to stay”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This place is a really comfortable place to stay. The rooms are decorated with a lot of love and good equipped for a longer stay. You feel like home already from the first day you arrive and has to be recommended if you are here in business or want to spend a weekend in Leamington. The service is excellent and the breakfast is delicious. Clarendon Crescent is a place were you can relax and feel comfortable - it is much better than a boring hotel room without a personal touch.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank pianomia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I've stayed here a couple of times now and I can't fault it. Rooms are really comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated. The owners are welcoming and helpful and add to the enjoyment of your stay.

Leamington Spa centre is less than a five minute walk away and the owners are happy to advise on choice of restaurants etc. Breakfast is of a very high standard and you are asked your preferences each morning.

As I said, always one of my first choices when staying in Leamington Spa and you can't fail to be impressed - providing you have the required social skills to be able to sit at a breakfast table with other people......

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank pdw68
Nottingham
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We booked 8 Clarendon Crescent after reading the reviews on trip advisor - number 1 in Leamington Spa - wow it must be good! We only stayed for 1 night and although it is in a lovely quiet street close to the city and a beautiful big house it is definitely in need of some upgrading/redecoration.
The carpet throughout was dingy and covered in marks. The decor in the room was very old fashioned (and not in a nice way) and tired - marks on the wall and again on the carpet. It was a nice big room but it had the smallest tv I've seen in many years which sat on a table very low down - if you wanted to watch it in bed you couldn't see it! A bigger tv on the wall would have been much better. The bathroom was carpeted which I think is a big negative, the towels were coloured and looking a bit tired - only white towels should really be used in all hotels/guest houses! Also the light bulbs around the mirror in the bathroom (like a stars dressing room) give off so much heat that as quickly as you try to put your make up on you sweat it off again!
Although the breakfast was lovely we had to sit with other people which I hate! We weren't asked if we minded. I know that makes me sound very antisocial which I truly am not but I am quite shy and find having to make small talk with strangers quite traumatic! Even walking into a breakfast room and saying 'good morning' fills me with terror! I am sure it not just me who feels this way - most people I know would not like to share a breakfast table.
We have stayed in some beautiful guest houses that you could not fault on any level for the same price as this which is why we were so disappointed on this occassion. It could be such a beautiful place with a bit of money spent on it.
Having said all of the above we did not hate our stay completely! The hosts are lovely people, very helpful and friendly and could not do enough for us and I would hate to upset them with this review but I have to be honest. I am a bit surprised by it's number 1 position on trip advisor - maybe the other bedrooms/bathrooms have been upgraded or maybe I am just super fussy!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Cadamatic
London
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Having stayed in a variety of hotels and bed & breakfasts in Leamington Spa (have been working here for 3 months), I don't know why anyone would stay anywhere else apart from here.

Everything about this Bed & Breakfast is wonderful from beautiful regency house, to the spotlessly clean, luxurious rooms, the wonderfully cooked breakfast (complete with homemade jam and beatiful china) and the warmest welcome from Christine and David. It really is like going to stay with your "favourite aunt" (as one reviewier has mentioned) except that the house is just amazing!

The only thing I would warn people about is that they don't take credit cards, so make sure you remember your cash (which I failed to do one one occasion, though Chrstine was relaxed about me dropping it round later in the day).

Honestly, if you find yourself in the Leamington Spa area, stay here - it's a wonderful experience in itself!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Amy A
London
Reviewed 20 June 2011

A quiet stay near the centre of time is what we wanted and what we found. At the end of a cul-de-sac, this beautifully appointed Regency house was perfect in every way. The warmth and charm of the establishment was immediately felt as one crossed the threshold. It was open-house and doors were rarely closed anywhere. Everything, within reason, was shared. So elegantly decorated, without being fussy or twee. It really is a shared "home".
The accommodation and breakfasts were of very high standard - all having that individual touch. It is definitely a place that one would wish to return to again and again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank LondonWaiting
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Spotlessy clean lovely rooms with all you would need. Beautiful house, welcoming hosts and delicious breakfast. Struggle to find any fault other than that the lovely warm fluffy towels were a little small!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Mel_redpirates
glos
Reviewed 18 October 2010

beautifull house, owner not there when we arrived but left key and directions to our spacious room, the beds were quite firm and the pillows were a bit flat,great for town centre and loads of places to eat,

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple