“Shame about the (lack of) en-suite”

8 Clarendon Crescent
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leamington Spa
8 Clarendon Crescent
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed in a beautiful room and were made most welcome. The only downside was that we really wanted an en-suite room. We asked one at original booking. David then phoned back to say unfortunately he had made a mistake and they only had a room with private bathroom. We took it anyway, but it involved crossing the landing, going down some stairs, then up a step, you needed to be wide awake to do the journey. Would stay again, but not in that room purely because of the toilet facilities. Would suit people with stronger bladder!

Room Tip: Any en suite
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Big_of_Norwich

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I will add to all the other reviews by saying that Christine & David run the best establishment in town. spotless clean rooms, lovely little touches, fantastic breakfasts and nothing is too much trouble to Christine.Lovely quiet setting off the main roads of Leamington and it attacts a mix of genuie and decent people which makes teh communal breakfast a lovely event.

Best in town...end of.

Stayed on business on and off between 2008 and 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank tony84b
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Was visiting Leamington on my own and couldn't have found a friendlier or more comfortable place. The owners were friendly and helpful. The room was delightful, spacious, well equipped and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was excellent and I enjoyed the company at the communal breakfast table. Was never rushed - coffee just kept on coming. Thanks so much. If I am back in Leamington I will definitely be back at Clarendon Crescent.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank jmgLowFell
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This place is a really comfortable place to stay. The rooms are decorated with a lot of love and good equipped for a longer stay. You feel like home already from the first day you arrive and has to be recommended if you are here in business or want to spend a weekend in Leamington. The service is excellent and the breakfast is delicious. Clarendon Crescent is a place were you can relax and feel comfortable - it is much better than a boring hotel room without a personal touch.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank pianomia
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I've stayed here a couple of times now and I can't fault it. Rooms are really comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated. The owners are welcoming and helpful and add to the enjoyment of your stay.

Leamington Spa centre is less than a five minute walk away and the owners are happy to advise on choice of restaurants etc. Breakfast is of a very high standard and you are asked your preferences each morning.

As I said, always one of my first choices when staying in Leamington Spa and you can't fail to be impressed - providing you have the required social skills to be able to sit at a breakfast table with other people......

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank pdw68
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We booked 8 Clarendon Crescent after reading the reviews on trip advisor - number 1 in Leamington Spa - wow it must be good! We only stayed for 1 night and although it is in a lovely quiet street close to the city and a beautiful big house it is definitely in need of some upgrading/redecoration.
The carpet throughout was dingy and covered in marks. The decor in the room was very old fashioned (and not in a nice way) and tired - marks on the wall and again on the carpet. It was a nice big room but it had the smallest tv I've seen in many years which sat on a table very low down - if you wanted to watch it in bed you couldn't see it! A bigger tv on the wall would have been much better. The bathroom was carpeted which I think is a big negative, the towels were coloured and looking a bit tired - only white towels should really be used in all hotels/guest houses! Also the light bulbs around the mirror in the bathroom (like a stars dressing room) give off so much heat that as quickly as you try to put your make up on you sweat it off again!
Although the breakfast was lovely we had to sit with other people which I hate! We weren't asked if we minded. I know that makes me sound very antisocial which I truly am not but I am quite shy and find having to make small talk with strangers quite traumatic! Even walking into a breakfast room and saying 'good morning' fills me with terror! I am sure it not just me who feels this way - most people I know would not like to share a breakfast table.
We have stayed in some beautiful guest houses that you could not fault on any level for the same price as this which is why we were so disappointed on this occassion. It could be such a beautiful place with a bit of money spent on it.
Having said all of the above we did not hate our stay completely! The hosts are lovely people, very helpful and friendly and could not do enough for us and I would hate to upset them with this review but I have to be honest. I am a bit surprised by it's number 1 position on trip advisor - maybe the other bedrooms/bathrooms have been upgraded or maybe I am just super fussy!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Cadamatic
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Having stayed in a variety of hotels and bed & breakfasts in Leamington Spa (have been working here for 3 months), I don't know why anyone would stay anywhere else apart from here.

Everything about this Bed & Breakfast is wonderful from beautiful regency house, to the spotlessly clean, luxurious rooms, the wonderfully cooked breakfast (complete with homemade jam and beatiful china) and the warmest welcome from Christine and David. It really is like going to stay with your "favourite aunt" (as one reviewier has mentioned) except that the house is just amazing!

The only thing I would warn people about is that they don't take credit cards, so make sure you remember your cash (which I failed to do one one occasion, though Chrstine was relaxed about me dropping it round later in the day).

Honestly, if you find yourself in the Leamington Spa area, stay here - it's a wonderful experience in itself!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business