“Birthday weekend”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
glasgow
“Birthday weekend”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed 2 nights here and after reading some of the reviews was a bit worried what we let ourselves in for. But we had a fantastic weekend our room was clean plenty room heating was great shower was brill also wide screen tv in room. we didn't go for beakfast as it was a continental so went out for fry up 2 mins from hotel so cant comment on breakfast. there is a lively bar downstairs you can hear some noise on Saturday nights but did not disdurb our sleep at all. we found it was a great place for a few drinks before heading out. Only thing I will say is someone with dissabillities will struggle up to the room as there is no lift. So if you are looking for a clean affordable hotel this is the place.

Room Tip: ask for room 14.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank aldo50Glasgow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ornex, Rhone-Alpes, France
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Having read the reviews, I was prepared for a bit of noise. In fact, I was put in a room on the top floor at the back of the building and, while I could hear the noise, it did not disturb me. The room was clean, warm and well equipped. I had a problem with the lights which the staff fixed immediately. However, I would not recommend a room at the top of the house for older persons or younger ones with heavy luggage. There is no lift and the stairs are steep, narrow and numerous. There was direct access from the bar to the hotel rooms which I found a bit disconcerting.

Room Tip: If you don't mind climbing stairs, then choose a room at the top of the house where the noise fr...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Emmajo01
Houghton-le-Spring, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Reasonably priced £50 B&B for two of us. No dedicated car park, however we found an overnight car park nearby for £3 or £4. Room was a good size with small but not tiny en-suite. Tea/coffee/biscuits as normal. Hairdryer and plenty of mirrors. Access would be a problem if you have Mobility issues as all rooms are upstairs, above a bar, TJs with same owner. Staff friendly. Breakfast is self service with good choice.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Helen D
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after been booked this hotel by our client as we are currently on a roadshow. We were absolutely DREADING coming here after reading tge reviews...however, we were impressed when arriving.

The rooms are modern and must be recently decorated. Warm, clean, tea and coffee etc. Everything you need for a night away. The staff were also helpful. We had breakfast which was continental, downstairs in a nice small restaurant. Although continental we believe it was still good value.

The only downside was the noise and unfortunately it was very loud! I had earplugs so managed to sleep ok, although my room was backfacing and I think I had the noisy smoking area on my side :(. It also was bass pumping dance music...which I hate haha....which didnt help. My colleagues were not so lucky as they didnt have earplugs and slept quite badly.

In summary, its a nice cheap hotel with everything you need. For a night out it is perfect however if not you will mostly likely have a disrupted sleep....

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Blissackerman1304
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Room was OK, but a few annoying bits missing, lights not working properly, no TV remote, shower door difficult. A bit noisy but not too bad on the top floor. Comfortable bed and well laid out room. Good location.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room to avoid noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GerryWiley
Sheffield
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I needed a last minute cheap hotel for an evening out and this one was very cheap at £35 for the night. I was aware of it's reputation having stayed in the room above the bar/club and been kept awake until the early hours, so I requested a room on the top floor. The room was clean and tidy and didnt appear to suffer from the noise of the bar. Unfortunately a very drunk guest arriving back at 5am without his key decided to knock the hotel down until he gained access. I also spent the night smelling cigarette smoke and on my leaving the hotel saw a glass on a windowsill at the "closed" reception full of cigarette ends. It wasnt a 5 star stay but then for £35 I guess I got what I paid for. I would recommend you dont book this hotel unless you have a pack of earplugs in your luggage.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the top unless you are profoundly deaf or incredibly drunk.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Leamington Spa hotels

Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I did research this place before booking it, so I was aware of its bad reputation concerning the sound from the pub downstairs, however as I was booking accommodation at the last minute, it was pretty much my only option at the time.

On the plus side, it's easy to get to (just a few minute's walk from the station) and the guy at the front desk was friendly enough, although it's notable that he made no mention whatsoever of the fact that I should expect any noise (I stayed there on a Friday night). The room was spartan but what I'd expect for the price range.

My room was on the first floor, directly above the pub downstairs (room 10 I think it was). After returning to the hotel from an evening out around 11PM, I was, sure enough, greeted by noise through the floor - and let's just be clear here: this isn't just pub noise like clattering and chatter, the place downstairs becomes a CLUB with a cacophony of ghastly thumping dance music which rattled the room until after 2am. Of course, the reception area was closed (honestly, I've never ever stayed in any other hotel that closes its reception in the evening - I guess it's to prevent people from complaining). This is obviously absolutely unacceptable for a hotel as it's impossible to sleep in such conditions.

Avoid like the plague.