“Food was really good but very loud and slow service”
Review of Turtle Bay

Turtle Bay
Ranked #14 of 258 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We're located in Regents Court. This historic city is given a bit of urban cool with the opening of Turtle Bay. Leamington Spa is full of cool boutique shops and bars, so Turtle Bay fits right in, offering it's customers a unique beach bar and relaxed dining experience Light snacks, one pots, salads, or a Jerk BBQ... At Turtle Bay you'll find a Caribbean plate to suit plus we have a colourful range of cocktails on offer
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Food was really good but very loud and slow service”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I was really surprised how busy this restaurant was for a Monday evening. I had booked on the internet and received a reminder but don't believe that they had the booking when I arrived, we were seated straight away. The restaurant looks very authentic, there is very loud carribean music playing all the time, it is loud enough to make conversation difficult. We did think though that at the edges of the seating area it was not as loud.

The service was very slow, the staff were very pleasant and helpful but food was a long time arriving. As we were sat near the open kitchen I guess it was the kitchen that was slow as there appeared to be adequate waiting staff.

The food was very good when it arrived, the garlic flat bread had a spicy kick to it, the whitebait was nice and spicy, my brothers starter was nice but not sure what it was!

Mains were well cooked and nicely spiced, jerk chicken, jerk salmon, mo chicken and a spicy burger. The sides were also good, sweet potato fries, coleslaw and various salads.

We wanted desert but as we had a child in the party we needed to leave. We took a cake as it was a birthday and they provided plates, knife and candles. They also packed the remaining cake in a box for us.

Price wise it was reasonable but they need to turn down the music slightly and speed up the kitchen.

Visited June 2014

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Food a bit bland”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I'll be honest, i eat in the Caribbean every year and the food is not quite the same here, it's ok but thats it !

Hardly any spice, i had fish and it comes out like it's freshly caught, head and tails, i'm even sure it winked at me!

1 Thank Lewis H
Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
“Food good, Management bad!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I was excited when Turtle Bay came to Leamington as the food is really good however the Management (not waitresses) are appalling! Their default answer to any waiting time (6 different weekends) is 1 hour wait, have a drink at the bar! There are always spare tables! At the last visit he put us on the tiniest table and we spilt a drink by sitting at the table and hitting the table leg, he then said "it's not our fault" but still brought another drink over. When checking the bill he had charged me for the refill that I didn't ask for and gave me bad attitude when I politely requested it to be removed. Serious management training required for that young man!

7 Thank ChrisCV33
“Excellent food, drinks & value for money”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Faultless and cheap as chips! Loads of choice, great service & value for money! 2 for 1 cocktails & exceptional staff!

• Visited June 2014
“Amazing food & drink heaven!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Fantastic & cheap! The service, atmosphere, cocktails, food & everything about this place is frickin awesome! Vegetarian friendly and generally ace. It's my new favourite restaurant.